Fans of heavy yoyos speak up!

So who here loves heavy yoyos? I mean, really digs them.

This is the heaviest yoyo I own:

And in all honesty, it is ~10g too heavy for my tastes.

9 Likes

Hello there

1 Like

You know those Brass MarkMont Side Effects weight 6.1 grams?.

3 Likes

Yes. My goal was to assemble the heaviest yoyo I could from the parts I had on hand.

2 Likes

12 Likes

I’m testing my hypothesis that virtually nobody actually likes yoyos that heavy.

1 Like

I like a good thud personally

I’d play that all day! Well not all day…

3 Likes

Hey would you like to trade your hypnithesis

Trade? Sure! What do you have in mind?

With ultra lights the Downbeat doesn’t feel ‘heavy’ to me, it feels ‘right’. I REALLY enjoy the Downbeat! Even prefer the og to the 2020.

I like having a variety of weights to choose from, including ‘heavy.’

4 Likes

I have rev 1 from one drop in beautiful color

also I can add wedge , or you can check my last post , I can trade any of them but not edge

I like my throw to have presence

Yoyos are plenty round, no need to be heavy too. There I said it.

What color is your ND Ultra?

Heavy no but a bit chubby yeah lol at least organic throws I like small and round

1 Like

Does anyone have recommendations for good heavy Yoyos? I haven’t found any new stuff I like that’s over 65 grams. The only heavy Yoyos I currently have are a sumo and a bvm. I feel like the more modern heavy Yoyos aren’t balanced enough for me.

1 Like

I train my speed combos with a Sengoku Bakemono (85 grams). I’ll throw that for around a week.

Then when I switch to the very light Kenshin Kiwami, and I feel like Iori Yamaki.

5 Likes

I really like heavy yoyos. Most of.my favourites seem to.be 67g-68g. That used to be the norm.

I remember in around 2013 that only boutique or super expensive brands seemed to have 65g yoyos in their lineup.

5 Likes

dave mcevoy apathy v2 proto was a monster 70g. bimetal with brass rings… you’d never know it was 70… smooth player too