Fans of heavy yoyos speak up!

I have an apathy v2 incoming that I bought off the BST. Is it similar to the apathy v2 proto? I bought it thinking it was similar to the apathy v1 at 62g. If it comes in and weighs around 70g–that’s a huge difference! :flushed: I’m not sure I have the arm strength to toss it one-handed. I may have to put it back up on the BST for sale :rofl:

I like 64g and under so I know I’m in the wrong thread! :blush:

1 Like

i’m pretty confident he only made the one run, it was a prototype short run… but yeah, that’s the one…

it’s a throw well outside of my preferred tastes, including weight, but it’s a good throw. even to me it didn’t ‘feel’ as heavy as it is… there are quite a few of us around here that have/had them that can likely comment as well

2 Likes

Oh man, yeah, that’s way too heavy for me I think. I couldn’t find any info on the v2 version and I just assumed there were no significant design changes like adding 8 grams of weight! HAHAHA! :rofl:

I’ll have to try it out. If it doesn’t work out maybe I can try to trade it for the lighter Apathy V1 or sell it outright.

2 Likes

I have a 91g Whimsy Lessur, but it’s no Chameleon or Chameleon Light.

It scares me a little bit, but it certainly keeps me honest about staying on plane.

I also have a Budda King 2 Lite, but it’s only 71g (BK2 was 88g).

Honestly, though, my preference is sub ~66g, depending on the design.

I am a fan of heavier yoyos. Favorites include the 70g Manimal by chico yoyo co. and the 75g YYF Mutant DNA. I do like my yoyos with a bit of heft and these two have that in spades.

2 Likes

Sancti Grail
80grams of titanium…mmm…mmm…good!

9 Likes

Anything under 64 g is insulting to my masculinity .

5 Likes

One of my favorites as well.

I used to have a Dreadnought G, the heaviest thing I’ve thrown. Amazing spin time but it felt dangerous. If you got a knot and took that angular 79g of metal to the head… well, it could be ugly. I did lots of safety throws. Eli hops on something like that felt incredible, though.

6 Likes

I like heavy yoyos, a lot of yoyo jams are close to 70g, I really enjoy the downbeat, another I throw a lot is the turning point collapsar which is 76.6g, and the awoken anubis which is around 68g.

4 Likes

And I like my yo-yo bag to have bandages…

4 Likes

I am a big fan of the dread g. Spins for days and is perfect for learning new tricks on.

1 Like

Aqua

I think you guys would be a fan of the Spark O’ Matic 5000. Over a hungo grams of weighty goodness.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIpChf4B9YM/?hl=en

3 Likes

Doubles as a weapon for vigilantism I assume .