Do you like heavier feeling yo-yos or lighter?

I like both, but if I only had one, it would be towards heavier.
Probably like a Czech Point.

I have about 12-13 yo-yos now, and if all were taken away but one, the Czech Point is definitely on the list.

2 Likes

I much prefer lighter YoYos. It’s got to be something super unique feeling if I’m gonna keep anything over about 66grams. It seems my sweet spot is between 58 and 63 grams, but I love the crucible too! Lighter is better!

4 Likes

This may turn into the pizza commercial where the battle ensued over the crust vs the cheese superiority. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right around average for me. Like 63-67. I like heavier yoyos and lighter yoyos too. I think it depends more on the distribution of the weight tho.

3 Likes

This.

But between heavier or lighter, sorta depends on my mood.

2 Likes

That’s a good point, but the net result is heavier feeling regardless of weight.

It’s just nice to have a variety. If you are outdoors in some wind, it’s nice to have a more rim weighted, heavier feeling yo-yo.

2 Likes

I agree.

I like yoyos that have that full feeling if that makes sense. Too light, it feels almost hollow to me weight Wise. I like a slight thunk at the end of the string. There are some yoyos that feel great to me though. Examples are wooly marmot, punchline, cabal, 5 star, ghost.

1 Like

I love lighter yoyos… Esp the wooly marmot and Punchline!

2 Likes

I like my YYF Dogma, I’d say it feels very light. The Ex Machina feels light as well.

1 Like

I like both. I can enjoy then for how different they are.

Edit: Also, i can’t picture myself playing only light or heavy yoyos.

2 Likes

You summed it up lol.

2 Likes

Yeah those are great. By today’s standards though they don’t necessarily feel light to me. Like after playing a serenade or a 69 or Grail, those yoyos feel heavier

1 Like

The sweet spot for me is the 62-65g range. Anything under 62g starts to feel too light to me, and anything over 65 or 66g starts to feel a bit heavy and sluggish.

2 Likes

I enjoy both heavy and light. I do prefer a heavier weight on Fixed axles though. I was never able to get into my YYF Legend because it is too light for me.

1 Like

I find the shutter to be a good weight distribution, a nice all around yo-yo.

3 Likes

I like both, after all it mainly comes down to distribution of weight as to how the yoyo plays :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two examples

1. the ND Ultra (7068) versus the BiND (6061 bimetal, a full 3g heavier) but the additional weight is all in the rim edge.

2. the AL7 banshee versus regular banshee, which is the exact same shape but a denser material, so the +3g is distributed throughout the yo-yo.

4 Likes

Both! 63g is my sweet spot though

1 Like

Definitely both. That’s why collecting is so nice, variety is the spice of life (so they say)

2 Likes

A great light and nimble yoyo is much better than a great hefty yoyo.

With that said, with really light yoyos, let’s say 64g and below, they run a danger of feeling too empty on the end of the string for me imo, and I really don’t enjoy playing yoyos with that feel.

While I don’t prefer a heftier 67g yoyo, it has a much more reliable solid feel most of the time that I don’t mind too much.

3 Likes