Have you found your "perfect" yoyo???

I second this, sorry Summit, but I play the Prodigy more than you

they’re all perfect in their own way. i love 'em all.

gw

Now that I’ve got my CLYW Marmot 2, it takes the cake. I love it.

M1
It just feels just right to me

Code 2

The Gelada may not be perfect, but it’s only an epsilon away.

The first run 888 is the closest I’ve found to perfect. If mine was anodized or blasted rather than raw/polished I think it would be even closer. No matter what else I throw, I always go back to the trip-8

while not quite perfect, of the yo-yos i have, the YYF Shutter comes closest for unresponsive play. for responsive play my near perfect yoyo my Dark Magic II with the thin bearing is tops. for a looper, the best i have is a YYF 1080.

keep in mind i don’t have any really high end / high dollar yo-yos (relatively speaking) and i am fairly inexperienced. my most expensive yoyo is the YYF Supernova (which is also really nice).

gw

i would have to say the yeti, just got one yesterday and i cant put it down :smiley:
the only problem is with the hub, since i likez fingerspins, but the aviator makes up for it :wink:

Sure, I found pretty much, the Perfect Yoyo, a long time a ago.

It’s called ‘TiWalker’. It was Heaths’ brainstorm.

I should have bought a dozen of them.

…Sadly, since he had a problem a few years back,‘counting somebody else’s’ money’, he threw in the towel on Yoyo making.

He took a good Status Beatdown on the Boards.

Bottom line is he just Screwed up… But instead of just sucking it up and reinventing himself; he has chosen to remove himself from the Yoyo making biz.

So, even disgraced, he actually gets the last laugh. He won’t make any more TiWalkers.

Too bad…

1 Like

So why the Anglam CC?

<-------

Simple enough answer. I said the Ti was pretty much a perfect Yoyo.

I meant exactly that.

I never said it was my favorite Yoyo.

I have a Brand new truck. But I have more fun, driving a 55 Chevy.

2 Likes

Every once in a while I contemplate whether I should sell my Ti Walker. One or two throws, however, always brings me to my senses. It is, without doubt, one of the best yo-yo’s ever created by mankind. It is sad that Heath did not/will not make any more.

Recently, I was amazed when I threw the new Yoyorecreation Draupnir. That is the only yoyo that has ever reminded me of the Ti Walker on the string. It is light, fast; with just the right amount of float. Did I mention that it spins forever? I would have to call that my “perfect” yoyo because you can actually purchase one new (sometimes). It is as close to a Ti Walker as I have ever found. I will even dare to say that I may even like it better than the Ti Walker because of its larger size and contemporary availability.

1 Like

I have found “perfect” quite a few times. The Ricochet, Genesis, Model 10, Original Avant Garde, and Too H.O.T…are all perfect. :slight_smile:

I’m on board with the original Avant Garde. That baby is amazing!

1 Like

Double sticker recessed Freehand Mg, with the caps removed.
The new barebones Mg I think is the same.

I would have to agree with Geezer completely on this one, though I never feel compelled to sell my Ti-Walkers…ever. The Draupnir is a true game changing design in my humble opinion.
I also find that I still use my Ti-Walker for a baseline in comparing other YoYo’s.
But I would also have to say that the Anglam is a pretty close second place for me. I’m still very impressed with how it feels & performs.

Not to make this a love session or anything; but I would have to agree :slight_smile:

The Anglam is second only to the Draupnir/Laser. I do not count the Ti Walker since it is titanium. That makes any comparison with non-titanium unfair in most regards.

I don’t know if there is such a thing as a “perfect yo-yo” just perfect fro the moment. As you play and progress your skill and tastes will change. Newer yo-yos will come out that will fit those tastes as they change and work better for your newly achieved skill level. At the moments my perfect for the moment are the T1, Rally, Quake, and Valor.

[quote=“YoyoGeezer,post:58,topic:64746”]
So you would compare the supposedly superior bi-metals to “standard” yo-yos but not a titanium? How is that any more fair?

You are right; it is not really a fair comparison :slight_smile:

In my/our defense, the comments made about the Draupnir are not in comparison to other “standard” throws. The Draupnir represents a completely new level of yoyo performance that can’t be compared with any “standard” AL throw favorably.

The only reason that I put Titanium in a different category is that the properties of Titanium make a Titanium throw more apt to mimic the characteristics of the Draupnir due to its speed/weight characteristics that make comparison more favorable only due to material - not necessarily design only.