Hatrick Snag HELP!!!

Got mineral spirits, cleaned my bearing, now its more responsive. General Yo is a amazing company, I just wish I could get my Hatrick unresponsive to truely experience it. Everytime I got for a laceration, or any trick for that matter, I always worry that my Hatrick is just going to come back and hit me on the hand. So… much… FRUSTRATION.

E-mail Ernie here for additional help: service@generalyo.com

1 Like

It’s a hatrick snag for goodness sake!!! how can you write 3 pages about a hartick snag… some threads just won’t die.

Read this thread. That’s how. He still has a problem, and we’re still trying to help him. So you can either do that, or get out of this thread and not be a jerk about it.

I don’t think i was really trying to critisize, i just find it strange… It was a question… and you awnserd it… emotion is not conveyd well through text.
It seems he does have quit a problem if he still hasn’t found a solution… Has he tried differant string brands… some strings are more snaggy than others. I actually have the same problem… maybe the hatrick is just… snaggy. I find it strange that it would be though, because it has such a big gap…

HAH! FINALLY IT IS UNRESPONIVE! I just worked with it more and now it is almost completely responsive. I owe ya guys one. Thanks for everything! :slight_smile:

Congratualtions, it only took you 4 pages to do it! jk, i don’t mean it, but i coulnd’t resist saying it… but anyways, good job

LOL, yeah. It got loud, but I would give up quietness for unresponsive any day.

oh guys I am ticked off. This isnt funny. I am over hear getting so frustrated, which is sad to do. But it just seems like I’ve wasted 100$. All I wanted was something unresponsive, but now it is completely responsive and even more snaggy and viciously loud. I almost to a point of just letting it go. I am sorry for all the post lately and I am sure you guys just want me to stop talking, but I dont know what to do. It seems like when it comes to yoyos I have really bad luck.

I can almost guarantee you that the solution is to clean the bearing. If you don’t have Mineral Spirits, get some. You might as well clean the bearing seat out with a Q-Tip while you’re at it. Don’t complain that you are unable to get Mineral-Spirits and you wasted $100. Cleaning the bearing will more than likely solve your problem. :wink:

Thanks bro. I already cleaned it yesterday. So I an gonna have to suck it up, shut up, and keep on throwing. And if that doesn’t work just get another bearing.

Did you lube it after cleaning?

I think so. I put a drop on a needle and put it on one of the balls. Then again it wasn’t that big of a drop.

Do you have another C bearing that you try in your Hatrick? Definitely sounds like issues with the bearing. Also, I wonder how big of a drop of lube you are putting in the bearing? If you put a big drop in there it’s going to take a while to break it all down.

I thought you got it… oh well. I know this is a rather crazy thing to do to a hatrick, but you might want to try siliconeing it. If that doesn’t work, you can always just take it out and put another set of hat pads in it.

My plan
Plan a - keep playing with it till it breaks in
Plan b - Switch it out for one of my c size bearings
Plan c - Buy a new bearing.

Will different bearing like a center trac damage the bearing seat? I thought about siliconing it, but hatpads are good it is just my bearing.

The new bearing shouldn’t damage the bearing seat at all, they are all C size bearing so they are interchangeable with each other.
My sugestion is to just switch out bearings until you find one that suits.

1 Like

So I put my YYJ legacy bearing in it and it plays like a dream. No snags, not responsive, and I can actually do pagados. Thanks guys for helping me. I guess it was just my bearing. I think I might have screwed it up when I tried to lube it and clean it. I also want to say sorry for saying that I wasted 100$. I did not at all. This is the best yoyo I have and it is really good. If you hesitate on getting this yoyo cuz of this please dont. I recommend this to anyone.