Hatrick Snag HELP!!!

Make sure when you lube it, you don’t overlube it. I find AIGR bearings to work better with a little bit of lubing after a month of two, because without it, it seems to gunk up and spin less a lot faster. Also, if you just replace the pads with recessed silicone, the problem will probably go away altogether. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Samad, how do you setup your Hatricks? My pads are actually slipping a TINY bit once every bunch of binds, just wondering if you do something different than stock.

Both of my Hatricks are set-up stock, but after a month or two, I like to lube my AIGR bearings. :slight_smile:

Thanks Samad and Broyo. I guess I am just going to have to spend to quality time with my hatrick.

i feel rejected…

Thanks M2. (Pickle)

lol what happens in da chat, stays in da chat.

Still responsive, but working on it. I just want to ask everybody that has a hatrick, does it come up at all on a really hard throw? If you just throw it as hard as you can and tug on it, will it come back? Does this happen with every yoyo?

that doesnt happen with my Hatrick, Primo, Dv888. It happens with my Dingo and Beysick sometimes if its a really hard throw.

Your problem on the Hatrick is either your pads or bearing. Try replacing out the bearing and see what happens. If not, rip out the pads and pour some fresh silicone or new pads in the recess, to see if the problem is fixed.

1 Like

Also, buy a thin/smooth hat pad. It will be less responsive than the thick ones that come with the Hatrick.

Where can I buy a thin pad?
Thanks guys so much. I am gonna buy a new bearing and a thin pad.

I’ve found by far the most effective method to help with something like this is to clean the bearing. I actually think the hat pads that come stock with it are probably one of the best response systems I’ve ever tried, so I wouldn’t personally mess with those.

Take the shields off the bearing and soak it in mineral spirits or lighter fluid in a sealed glass jar. Shake it around in the solution for a couple minutes, take it out and spin it dry or use compressed air to dry off the excess fluid. Then take a pinprick (literally, just a drop at the tip of a needle is fine) of thin lube, put it in the bearing and play it long enough to break it in. That should be all you need to do and your responsiveness problem should be taken care of.

1 Like

Ok cool! thanks!

How do i take bearing sheilds off.

Just search “how to clean bearing” on youtube. There’s a very good guide on there that gives you all the details you need, c clip included. I will warn you though, it can be insanely difficult at times until you get your technique down, and sadly enough I’m still working on mine

1 Like

If your wondering, you can order thin pads from the Nation, a website I no longer use. Beware, I live in NYC, and an order from YYE in MA. came twice as fast as an order from the Nation in NYC. I really wish YYE had some more pads in stock. Also, I am a huge advocate of Vendetta’s work, and seeing him banned on the Nations boards makes me want to stop using the site. Basically they banned a great asset and help to people and the site, because of “multiple violations” and for showing his newest piece of art. Vendetta has helped SO many people with mods.

end of rant…

Anyway, best of luck to you Kei, did you clean the bearing? Is it any better?

1 Like

Dont have mineral spirits. :frowning:

I took unscrewed mine and stock I could spin the outer race of the bearing and count to 4 or 5 before it stopped. This was before any lube or cleaning. SO I left mine. you may try a different string. I have the neon green string from nation , then bought the purple from yyx and found the purple string to have a harder feel to it and slightly harder to bind. May find the results you seek this way also.
Steve

1 Like