Has anyone here modded a Duncan Wheel into a Freehand?

Hey guys. Just wanted to see if there was anyone here who has modded one of these before, and if it was possible. It’s an older Wheel that still resembles the original FH shape. I’d be willing to get it done if possible!

5 Likes

@yoyospirit and @yoyodoc are the most qualified modders on the forum if they are willing to take your challenge.

5 Likes

Any takers? @jrodriguez and @Yummy have done a couple FHs for me back in the day as well.

1 Like

Just finished a few. This one is pad recess and small bearing.

Starting to take some mod work in as lkng as you can be patient while I get to it…

12 Likes

That looks outstanding!

I might be sending you a DM later.

1 Like

Sounds good! Let me know. Be happy to do some work for you.

3 Likes

@Ricerocket Hey can you fuse a YYJ hitman and a YYF California? If so can I have an estimate on how much it will cost? I’ll send you a dm with a rough sketch. And more info. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re a mad scientist! Love it.

3 Likes

As in the FrankenYoYo, YYJ HM “A” Size Bearing Mod by Takeshi Kamisato
What get when you mate a Hitman and a Duncan Avenger. It’s a pair of Hitman shells, mounted on a trimmed down Avenger hub. That’s one fine job on designing and machining those parts to come up with that. One fine piece of work.

It feels and plays pretty much like a Hitman (w/an A sized bearing)

9 Likes

I am a little scared and a little intrigued by this yoyo, but more scared. I can’t look away. I fear it.

2 Likes

@jhb8426 That thing is awesome!!

1 Like

I remember when everyone and there mother was modding avengers or using them for mods. Good times!

1 Like

That is beautiful.

1 Like

Made a lot of sense since avengers were cheap and yoyojam hubs cracked like no other lol. Got some fun mods out of it for sure.

2 Likes

Fun fact: the freehand only exists because people did this mod.

The fh1 is literally a production version of the “bearing wheel” mod. Steve was always a fan of the wheel shape. Stan Zygo and Mo (yoyodoc) modified them to take bearings (I forget who was first). Steve loved it and it became the basis for the freehand.

So yes, very possible just not as commonly done these days… don’t think I’ve made one in probably 10 years.

10 Likes