Has anyone broken your guys’ yoyos?

Imagine your yoyoing in public. A random person ask if he can you your yoyo! You accept to his request as he puts on the string. He give it a hard throw and it flies off of his hand because he did not use a slip knot. It lands on hard concrete and dings it very badly. Hopefully that never happens.

4 Likes

I mean there would be a pretty high risk of that happening if you give a yoyo to a random person and you couldn’t complain if it did happen.

I have a cheap plastic yoyo if ever friends want to try. They can ding that as much as they want.

8 Likes

I would never give someone a yoyo if they couldn’t answer what unresponsive means lol. But even then, I have a beater in my pocket at all times, so if it does happen it’s already beat to hell lol

5 Likes

One night at a party i was showing off. We were all a little on the drunk side. One of my buds grabbed a brand new monkey finger of mine and threw it straight into the tile floor. Put a big old nice ding on it.

If i would have been sober i would have stopped him, but i wasn’t lol.

3 Likes

Even worse walk the dog with an Anti-Yo! on the street…

4 Likes

At least i wont experience that for a while. If i were you, i wouldve just socked him in the face.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. The horror.

Austin Juvenile Assault - Austin Juvenile Lawyer.

Punching people over a mistake isn’t ok.

3 Likes

My friend asked for my Duncan Butterfly and didn’t tie a loop knot so it when flying and shatterd.

Lmao. Tell me your 15 without telling me you’re 15

Please no!

I still regret handing the cute bartender my Luftverk 000! She made the same mistake of not using the slip knot. Ti.ng Ti.ng Ti.ng…… across the cement floor it went. Woke up the entire neighborhood it was so loud. She felt so bad, she wanted to buy it off me. I told her how much it cost, then she just looked at me a said, you paid what? Oh well, good story anyway. Only left a tiny knick.

6 Likes

One time in a Vancouver yoyo meet a curious family wanted to see a metal yoyo I was using. It was a Thesis x 2sick paladin in pink. Anyways, they were carrying their daughter with them and while I was showing them and explaining to them how modern yoyos work and stuff the daughter yoinked the yoyo out of my hand and nearly threw it to the ground. The dad thankfully had quick reflexes and caught the yoyo before it dropped. I think we all had a mini heart attack during that moment but thankfully nothing bad happened and we just kept on talking afterwards.

Another time back in 2014 or so a friend from school wanted to learn how to play unresponsive so I gave him my horizon so he could learn. At that point I had other yoyos so I wasn’t worried about him dinging it and stuff but the dude banged the yoyo so hard the axle snapped and got stuck inside the yoyo. Never seen anything like that ever. Still own that horizon as a good memory, my friend and I still play yoyo to this day.

3 Likes

Did happen to me when I passed my workmate (whom I did get into yoyo’ing too at that time) the most premium throw I had back in the day, a Yoyojoker Uroboros. It was a little unexpected because he had some experience throwing already, but then again I’m taller. We were on the rocks at the beach, then it went loud ding :hushed: The other hard part was sucking it up and telling him it was okay, he was feeling really bad :upside_down_face:
Got home and filed it away nice and smooth. A memory now everytime I look at it.

2 Likes

U guys r giving me bad hopes for my future yoyos, as they are paired with maniacs

1 Like

tell me you’re an adult who never outgrew adolescent rage without telling me you’re an adult who never outgrew adolescent rage

2 Likes

I mean I could’ve worded it like that. I suppose I threw some 15 year olds under the bus. But what’s a few bumps on the road right?

Perfect example of why dings are great :slight_smile: rarely bad for the yoyo, often serve as a fun memory :smiley: Dings tell the history of a yoyo :relieved:

7 Likes

I dont like dings >:( they make my yoyos look ugly and my wallet like a loser

2 Likes