Guitars and yoyo's

I might post a pic later of my chief with my les Paul and amp! ;D

I’ve played the ■■■■■■■ out of this Martin. When I used to perform I had quite an arsenal of guitars, but I sold everything over the last few years other than this Martin. I’ve actually been looking for a couple years for a Les Paul that floats my boat. I found a '59 I really liked in New Orleans last year, but they wanted $58,000 for it. ::slight_smile:

That would be hilarious if other instruments and yo-yos threads popped up. There was a thread about drummers awhile back, I think Sniffy started it. It was not centered around personal pics like this thread though. Just general conversation about drummers. I have a few guitars left to show. I may post my Ibanez bass tonight.

[quote=“jrodriguez,post:42,topic:45113”]
HAHA And people think yoyo’s cost a lot of money!!!

If I ever paid $58,000 for an instrument it would have to come with at least one bedroom, kitchenette and 1 and 1/2 baths!

In my area, $58,000 would only buy 1 bath,…nothing else. Sleep in the tub, wash yourself and your clothes in there too. Cook on a hot plate. All you really need to live anyway though :smiley:

Sheesh. 96,000 bought us a 2,200 square foot home here in San Antonio, Texas…Crazy Northerners. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow!! That sure is a good price. I hear jobs pay a lot better up north though, so it must balance out pretty even in the end :-\

My mom Makes close to 80k a year…So…Cost of living is beast in SA.

You were right on all counts here of course. I can always count on TA to get my head back on straight. My problem is I’m paying for northern housing on southern wages. :-[ I guess what I need to be doing is looking for a much better paying job below the Mason-Dixon.

Speaking of variation threads, we need a Metal Headbanging while yo-ing thread…Ya know, for all us Metal heads. :stuck_out_tongue: It is really hard to do, I’ve only done it to Thunderhorse by Dethklok.

Hmmm. The only place more expensive to live than here, in the United States, is probably New York. Maybe it is just equally bad. All my guitars combined, equal the value of mgiroux77’s one guitar. Must be nice to buy top shelf like some people. :smiley: Is it the quality or the quantity? I like variety, so it has to be this way I guess. I will be like him someday though :stuck_out_tongue: I will downsize by 1 or 2 soon, but the rest are staying. Don’t tell him I said all this. :-X

[quote=“Totalartist,post:52,topic:45113”]
Hey now!!! It’s quality wayyyy over quantity when it comes to tone there!!! I spent almost 20 years searching out the right guitar and I have found it!!! HAHA

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:53,topic:45113”]

Yes, that guitar was made for you, match made in heaven, for sure. Ibanez pic coming soon…so stay tuned. Wonder if anyone can guess, what my guitars I posted pics of so far, have in common (besides being 4 string basses). When I post the Ibanez, there will be another clue too.

dude that Martin is awesome I gotta say that Martin is one of the most iconic guitar companies

Just satined the neck on my Les Paul. It’s sweet to play now.

That looks good. How to you satin the neck?

Steel wool. I would suggest making off what you don’t want to satin though.

Cool I have a strat whose neck feels like its been stained. It’s a really nice feel

Yes, satined necks do feel nice.