Guitars and yoyo's

I was browsing the youtubes and i found a very cool guitar documentary. It was called “It might get loud” . It was great. Jimmy page jack white and edge were basically telling their guitar story. It was great!

Hi

Upside down 1980 SG. And a Chief.

Ooh, nice. My friend played a '68 SG earlier.

Here is my Kitocaster

Purple guitars!!! HAHA Got to love that!!!

Yup, I have the build thread on here too.

Here is a nice one from this AM.

:o Now you need to buy more yo-yos to go all the way around the body. :smiley: That pic’ is sick!! Good job.

Maybe around the body but heck no on all around the whole thing. A agree that would look killer though!!!

Is it okay if we post our yo-yos with an acoustic,because Johnny Allen Hendrix (yes, I did name my guitar after Jimi) wants to be in the spotlight…

I know someone who has enough throws to go all around the body and the neck too. They could do it on a bass, which is longer too. Hmmm… That would look great!

Of course it is!!! Great name for a guitar as well!!

All I ever Named was MY Vinci (Posted) and my Pool stick.

VInci was named after my at the time Fav mythical name, Gomorrah, and my pool stick is Jorgunmandr.

Guitar string = yoyostring…
think about it…

At the request of TotalArtist, I post my pride and joy: My custom Cliff Bordwell S Bass.

Some specs:
Dimensions:

• Scale length: 34”
  • Neck shape: Jazz
  • Thickness at 1st: .850
  • Width at nut: 1.5
  • String spacing at Bridge: 19mm
  • Body thickness: 1.525

Construction:

• Neck: Classic with Flame Maple
  • Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
  • Nut: Stabilized Ebony
  • Full faced top

Body woods:

• Top: Figured 2-Tone Redwood
  • Accent: Ebony Front
  • Core: Lightweight Ash
  • Headstock Plate: Figured Redwood 2-Tone
  • Cavity cover: Lightweight Ash

Electronics:

• Pickups: Nordstrand NJ4SV’s wt. Wood Covers (Pau Ferro)
  • Preamp: Aguilar 3-band with passive tone
  • Controls: Wood Knobs (Pau Ferro)

This thing is a dream to play. Plays like butter, super lightweight (6.5lbs), perfect balance.

The pics:

http://imgur.com/S0vafao

Nice photos guys.

I was hoping RobK would post and we’d breathe life back into this great thread. That’s some serious equipment you have there Rob. Great idea to bring it out into the natural light, as photos are always so much clearer outside. Looks like that neck and body are all one solid piece. I had not heard of Cliff Bordwell, but I shall do my research. I don’t own any customs yet. Not sure if you noticed, but I don’t like paint on my guitars…so I love the look of yours. I have one bass left with paint on it, but it didn’t come any other way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great photos!! Do you have an acoustic too? :slight_smile:

Yeah, the pics were shot by Cliff himself after finishing the build. He builds basses 4 at a time in his small one man shop in florida. That’s why there’s no throw in the shot. I thought the bass deserved a spotlight of it’s own.

I’m down to one bass after a long time of having many. THis is the one keeper I can not let go of ever.

I’ll get a pic of my guitar with a throw. My guitar setup is pretty cool if you’re into the vintage stuff.

it’s a beautiful bass.