GregP's 2013 CLYW Video Contest entry

Yeah, I was having a mighty hard time making a video. Couldn’t get proper footage, most of my ideas fell apart for technical reasons… but I pushed through and got’r done anyhow!

3 Likes

That was a really creative video Greg. Also I gotta love the Chuck reference. All around great vid.

1 Like

Clever.

1 Like

Awesome, creative video!

1 Like

Great job ;D. That was a fun video.

1 Like

Um ……. wasnt the dead line yesterday?

anyways Great vid!

1 Like

I was maybe going to enter, but I forgot and now after seeing that, it is a good thing I didn’t because I wouldn’t have stood a chance! That was FANTASTIC!!! It made me smile.

1 Like

I entered yesterday, so I guess we’re good. :wink:

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! Turned out to be quite fun to make. I giggled as I made it.

oh ok!

That was awesome! So creative, and the tricks rocked too!

1 Like

Thanks! My tricks aren’t nearly as cool as the ones you guys do… but you know, it’s a yoyo video so I have to throw something in there by way of some tricks.

I took the opportunity for “frantic editing style” to conceal the fact that there’s no long combo. I kept dropping my combos.

You’re getting really good, Greg. Leaps and bounds better than “Old guys that can throw, sort of”. You’re leaving me in the dust. I have to admit, I haven’t learned a new trick since last summer. I got super duper side tracked. I have a lot of catching up to do. Great video!

1 Like

I stick pretty hard to a trick or two for a couple weeks, and then when I think I’ve got it mastered, I casually scout out another. Then when I feel un-lazy, I get to learning it. Then I have another trick to keep me satisfied for a few weeks. I’ve probably only learned another 10 tricks since the “Old Folks” video, but they’re good ones. :wink:

Really great job!! Good Luck! Mine is a couple post under this haha

1 Like

I’ll try that strategy. I’m kind of getting tired of doing the same combo over and over again. I’ve actually been doing a lot of 2A tricks recently because when I’m on duty at my school (if you remember, I’m a middle school teacher), the kids want to try it with me. So I carry a bunch of Raiders, Fireballs and Bumble Bees with me so I can teach them the basics. But seeing you crank out these 1A tricks makes me want to get back to that. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

Awesome video Greg! Great job editing…

Just happen to notice you have a dog… ;D

Is it a weimaraner?

Yup, got it in one! My other dog is a mutt that looks like a husky (but isn’t). They’re as different as 2 dogs can be. The weimeraner is all about the chill cuddly life. :wink:

I have two mutts (Australian Shepard and a terrier mix) Gotta love pups and yoyos, especially when they watch! :slight_smile:

WOW! Great video.

1 Like

Good stuff, Greg! Your creativity and video editing boggle my mind!

1 Like