This is only my second day of ever using a yo yo. With that said, it’s been a frustrating two days, but I refuse to give up. As the title states, I’m trying to learn the Gravity Pull. I’ve noticed some common issues though and I think I know the causes, but I 'd like some confirmation.
- After pulling, the yo yo comes up but flies over my hand towards my head.
- I’m assuming that this is due to pulling too hard.
- When I pull, the yo yo bounces up but the string doesn’t wind up and, for lack of a better term, it all goes crazy.
- I’m assuming that this is due to pulling too soon, prior to the yo yo reaching the end of the string.
- After pulling, the yo yo flies forward and away from me.
- I’m assuming that this is due to pulling my arm back instead of pulling my hand/wrist up.
- After I throw, the yo yo quickly falls off axis and ends up losing all of it’s spin.
- I’m assuming I’m just throwing incorrectly, not sure how though.
Also, I have a MUCH higher success rate with Gravity Pulls by doing Sleepers instead. I’m assuming that this is because I am preventing #2 from happening, and it gives me time to relax. Is this a good way to try learning, or should I not be doing this?
I’ve also noticed this problem:
If you can’t tell by the picture, it is the string getting incredibly twisted. To the point where it’s difficult to rewind the yo yo. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Or is it possibly something that I’m doing myself?
Some unrelated questions:
How am I doing so far on terminology? The terminology used here is quite unique and I’d like to avoid confusion if possible.
Is there a “beginners” section of the forum that I just can’t seem to find? I know there is the tab at the top with all the videos but it’d be nice to be able to discuss with people at/around my own skill level.