Gravity Pull + beginner questions

Definitely learn breakaway and trapeze if you want to get into string tricks (1A), it’s one of the most important tricks. Split bottom mount comes later, that actually took me a week to learn.

I’m actually working on Breakaway and Trapeze right now. My Breakaway is getting pretty good, but my Trapeze still needs some work. My two main issues are my accuracy of getting it on the string, which I know will come with time, and the yo yo spinning out when I dismount. I’m assuming the latter issue is caused by the yo yo not being completely straight while in the Trapeze mount. I’m not quite sure how to fix that though. I know some of it is due to my Breakaway, but is there a way to fix it while in the Trapeze?

Side problem: My non-throw hand’s pointer finger is getting a rope burn on the underside. I’ve tried medical tape but it tends to wear off and really lowers my accuracy as I can’t feel the string. Will my finger callous over time, or is there some method of circumventing this issue?

Yah, your finger will heal over time. But, if your like me and get string burn, I recommend you dont learn the sky bind and boomerange… Terrible string burn…

As for the trapeze, it does take a lot of practice. Make sure when you try to land the yoyo on the string, your non throw hand finger is really close to the yoyo, not too close, like 2, maybe less, inches away from it, or something.

I hope my finger just callouses over time.

I can land the Trapeze like 40% of the time, but about half of those end in a fail after I dismount. That’s from the yo yo not being on straight. Like I stated, I know that it stems from my Breakaway, but I’m curious if there is a way to fix it during the Trapeze.

I’m gonna jump in here, don’t kill me for saying this.

The Whip is not long spinning at all. Very fun yoyo, I loved it. But not long spinning. It will sleep long compared to your Fireball, but with other yoyos, it spins quite shortly due to the light weight. It is often not recommended for beginners, but I’m sure you will do fine with all the practice our getting. You’ll get there, you are learning quite fast. The bind will be hard to get the hang of, but it’s not too much of a challenge (try the pinch method shown in the little book the Whip comes with). The pinch method is the easiest. Keep going, my friend, your doing great!

Ehh, I guess it’s good enough though…
And btw, if you get stuck on trapeze, go back to it. Because there are no tricks on trapeze, in the beginner section, and not to many later, and once you get intermediate, like learn a couple tricks on intermediate, you should be able to land a trapeze much easier

After the WHiP no longer fulfills my needs, what metal throw would you suggest? I’d need something on the cheaper side as I’m sure my girlfriend would want to upgrade as well.

I’ve very little problems with binding. Generally, the only time I have any problems is when the yoyo is starting to lose it’s spin and it just wont grab the string.

If you want to stick with Yoyofactory, the DV888 is priced quite well and plays amazingly. You can also check on ebay for Chinese brand metal yo-yos that are very cheap. Aoda, Magic, and Audley are a few. I have one Aoda and one Magic; they both play great and were worth way more than the $10 I payed for them. Good luck on your journey buddy.

If you want some cheap, but reliable, yoyos, take a look at GodTricks here on YYE. I’ve heard they’re very good.

If you don’t want to wear gloves (which migfht help?) you might want to try a roll of this:
http://www.allegromedical.com//wound-care-c541/microfoam-comfortable-foam-elastic-tape-1-wide-p190960.html?gclid=CPDolPnbm7gCFdOf4AoduXAAQA#1153-89CDE85?engine=froogle&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&CS_003=9164468&CS_010=8ab281020bb66dff010bb67ccea440f4&gdftrk=gdfV21244_a_7c477_a_7c4637_a_7c190960

This stuff is stretchy, comfy, sticks well, and has a foam padding in it. Might do the trick.

Magic yoyos are great and cheap! I prefer the magic yoyo n12. Some people love the dv888, some hate it. I tried it and it was OK, but not my favorite. Many people, including me say it feels like a rock in a string. Its a great throw if you want to get it, I think is $35, and magic yoyos aren’t sold here, but I think it’s like $25 or something.