Goodbye old friend...

Yea I had a vending machine steal a quarter from me

Just be lucky it didn’t take out its pent-up rage on you in a more harmful way.

One of my friends was supposed to give him one quarter as change for something that cost $1.75 and it spit out 8 quarters lol so he bought another haha.

You guys are really brave. I wouldn’t jump in to save another human being out of fear of drowning myself but apparently half the people on the internet would jump in to save a yoyo that surely sank like a rock the moment it hit the water.

Although it sucks that the yoyo is lost forever, when it comes to things with sentimental value being lost or broken beyond repair, I try to remind myself that it is more the memories that the thing brought back than the actual item itself that had the most value, and you will always have the memory of that Project.

Hahaha! I second this notion. I’m not going to end my life for the sake of a yoyo. I say end and not ‘risk’, because I can’t swim to literally save my life, so there’s a 100% chance that I’d sink to my watery grave.

Trying to save a drowning person is incredibly difficult as they are in full panic mode and will be struggling a lot.

I’m in two minds as to what I’d do if I saw a drowning child. On the one hand, I’d want to jump in and help, but on the other hand I know that I would be absolutely zero help and probably just end up dragging the poor thing down with me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really need to learn to swim. I just wish that public pools weren’t so dutty.

Swimmings not to hard once you get used to it. There must be a nearby lake or something where you can get some swimming practice.

All our dirty UK lakes are full of shopping trollies and used condoms. I’ll end up catching something. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can actually swim, it’s just the staying afloat part that evades me. I dived off a small pier into a lake in Ireland last year, only to THEN discover that I sink like a rock and can’t tread water.

Thing is even though I was in the middle of drowning, I didn’t want to make an idiot of myself in front of my mates, so I tried to play it off like I wasn’t as I swallowed by bodyweight in dirty water. Never again.

Come to the U.S. there are a lot of pools here and there are a lot of clean lakes too! :wink:

One rule of thumb, not sure if anyone has said this before, if someone say he/she can yoyo, let him show you his throwhand finger, if it has that certain yoyoer callous then 99% chance that he is an actual yoyoer, otherwise most likely he isn’t or still a complete newbie.
Also stop him immediately if he don’t even know how to make/use a slipknot.

I’ve been yoyoing for three years and I don’t have a callous so I think asking him who is his favorite yoyoer or his favorite bind would be better

Or if he actually yoyo’s he should have a yoyo in his pocket

even though this thread was dug up and zapped back to life for no reason, I’m in awe of the OP :o

Sucks doesn’t even begin to describe that situation, and is why I will never let anyone try my metals unless they have one too

I didn’t know that this was an old thread, this just happen to be in the first page.
Maybe there was a deleted spam before my post that bumped this up again.

Maybe, I just noticed the time between posts since I went back to read the thread. Anyway, it’s not like it bothers me :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I haven’t stopped thinking about this thread since I read it, I wonder if it is possible to dive down and get it back… And also bringing my proyo with me everywhere now

I sometimes don’t carry my yoyo with me so that is why I did not propose that.