Goodbye old friend...

Oh, MAN! That would suck pretty hard.

That stinks.

Ouch.

You probably should have asked for another due to the fact it wasn’t originally attached to the string.

A cruel irony: losing a One Drop with one drop.

It belongs to Frank Morris now.

I have no words to say about that.
Not even a stupid joke.

to be honest, that gave me a bit of a laugh :slight_smile:
I didn’t even think of that.
Its ok, I got cake today so I can’t be a sad girl forever!
XD

If there’s anything that having 2 sisters has taught me, it’s that chocolate seems to solve ANYTHING. I’ll never understand it myself… :stuck_out_tongue:

Frodoslair, that was a tough read. I, like Greg before me, am very much a “it’s just a yoyo” kind of man when it comes to damage or loss… However, your story hit me right in the feels.

I am seriously not joking when I say, I would, as long as the boat picked me up.

How deep was the water? If you got a good dive, you could go pretty deep and press your feet on the bottom to push yourself back up. I imagine it’s worth it.

You did a great job though. I would have tried to flatten that kid. ( :P) Luckily, I don’t have many rare yoyos and I never let anybody throw it. If somebody wants to throw a yoyo, ask them “What is your favorite bind?” If they don’t answer, viola, don’t give it to them. :smiley:

Bearing would be ruined anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea but bearing’s can be easily replaced.

When I read the part where it fell off the boat my heart literally leaped.

from the past I think she could react in a calm passive way knowing that she works in customer service knowing that’s probably daily In her job I am not surprised but still that’s a terrible story.

If it makes you feel any better, Projects aren’t that rare, and I believe they’re all soda blasted.

what does soda blasting have to do with the Yoyo?

1 Like

Op said “my soda blasted project”.

This story is even more scary and intense then the show “Alcaztraz” while it was still on. This story ended a ton worse too… With a horrible loss.

:smiley: Yeah

I know very well that all of the first run projects were soda blasted :slight_smile:
This one was just very special to me as it was my first real yoyo purchase when I got into it around 08, and it was bought right as they were first released, so it had quite a bit of sentimental value for me.
But things happen, at least I still have my second real yoyo to play with for sentimental value (Pyro)

I thought it was an anniversary, that sucks.