Good day

That is not a bad idea.

…I took a shower today…

shameless plug

I really want to see your pricey yoyos.

did she atleast give you her yoyo as a “yoyoings dumb take it” gift?

what

Did she give you the protostar atleast?

Greg P are you a fan of Louis CK perchance, in his new special he mentioned how you should never feel sorry for a divorce because it always means an end to a bend relationship or something or the other, but if you don’t know who he is or haven’t heard anything by him I really recommend it dude, he’s the funniest person like ever.

the annoying yoyo thing was fluteninja

As it turns out, I am a fan! I’ve seen a few clips of his standup here and there, but what I really like is his show “Louie”, which can be both poignant and funny.

I am not surprised he shares that attitude towards relationships at all. (Not even 100% sure he doesn’t say that in one of the “stand up” portions of the show though I have no specific recollection). Seems like something right up his alley. :smiley:

I think my favourites of his are the bits about parenting. Because he adores his kids but he still tells it like it is. His take on hide-and-seek had me crying because of how true it is. “Where’s my boy? I can’t find him ANYWHERE!” is a daily occurrence for me.

1 Like

No where near being a dad but I haven’t laughed as hard at anything in my life than that bit about playing hide and seek and getting in a fight with his wife over it, I was on the floor in tears, my jaw got sore!

Anyhow to stay on topic, today was a pretty spectacular day, as was yesterday, I’ve been having such laid back and fun easy going days guys, it’s hard to be sad!

Today was a good day: all of the code I wrote worked almost right out of the gate! It’s fun to write a bunch of logic and just “know” it’s going to work before you even execute it.

Also, bad moment when the eldest boy had to go to bed early (he was wiped, cranky, and wasn’t eating his dinner anyhow) and got all mad about it… but the moment was “saved” when I gave him a bedtime snuggle and sang him some jazz standards. I like a good snuggle.

You a programmer? Cool beans, same here!

Programmer high-five! (I go for a fist bump, you go for a high five, then recognize what each other are doing and try to change on-the fly and instead we do a weird “my hand slaps your fist” thing)

XD I taught myself the AP computer science curriculum this year with the help of my dad. As a final project I coded a rather silly little rpg, which was fun even though it was on the pathetic side.

Assuming you used an object-oriented language of some sort, you will forever look at characters in an RPG as an object with properties. :wink:

Java FTW. I never looked at a video game the same way since.

1 Like

When she first said I have something to show you all I could think was “wow, after the first date? That’s quick!” then when you said she pulled out a yoyo I was like “Oh, facepalm I should have known”

What? She bought the yoyo for herself and wanted him to teach her. That’s priceless for your person of interest to take interest in something big to you, in this case yoyoing.

I had a good day everyone, I learned me some new tricks, and I think I’m pretty smooth on everything I know. I’m just a little sad because new tricks are getting kinda boring to learn :frowning: