Gone for 9/10 years. Found my old yoyos. Are they still any good?

I have the V3 and it’s a good beginner yoyo - it’s another which comes with both the slim and wide bearings. It also looks pretty cool in the splash colour and is well made and smooth.

However I feel it’s a bit too narrow for unresponsive play and doesn’t feel quite right in my hand. Nothing really wrong with it, but I pretty much never play it these days. Given your past experience I think you’re probably already beyond what it can offer.

I’d be happy to trade it for your Project 2 :rofl:

Edit to add - The Y01 colourway you chose is one best looking, real nice when it’s spinning.

Edit again - If you’re after one which is a bit slimmer and lighter than the Y01 then the M002 is a good choice. Some people say it’s slightly sharp on the catch, but I’ve never had that problem with it.

Edit yet again - the only problem I’ve ever had with Magicyoyo throws is that the bearings are a bit variable in quality. There’s a UK retailer which sells some decent bearings, run by a chap called Peter Thake - I’ve had some email dialogue with him and he seems like a very nice and helpful chap. I’ll PM you the link.

1 Like

Nice one cheers man. Yeah I’ve had a lot of people try and trade this project 2 from me haha it was always my favourite so I think I’ll keep it for now. Always a big fan of one drop.
Love how they keep trying new things even if most people might not like it. Still keep staring at the deep state haha
I saw somewhere still selling code ones onlien. which I think remember were a big deal when they came out since they were designed by the community. Might pick one up for nostalgias sake haha

2 Likes

I was a bit sceptical about all the One Drop hype until I got my Kuntosh 500QV - that thing is so good it almost feels like cheating!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this Kuntosh popping up all over the place. Might have to watch some YouTube on it

2 Likes

Check out Nate’s comparison of the Kuntosh OG and the Kuntosh 5000QV - he’s a great player and very informative in his reviews.

Both throws are available here on YYE.

Edit: https://youtu.be/mC01P-uptp4

2 Likes

Ah yeah love this guys channel. Been watching loads of his videos this week. Speaking of one drop got me looking up Paul Dang but can’t see much. Is he still in the scene?

2 Likes

His account is still here - https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/u/paul_dang but I don’t see any recent activity.

2 Likes

Just don’t call him by his handle.

1 Like

Lol - I actually saw the post which got you in hot water. I can understand why it could be misconstrued, but it’s pretty funny considering he chose the name himself.

1 Like

I think it’s been a while since Paul Dang no longer works for OD, he was always in the office assembling yoyo, I haven’t seen him for a long time …

That’s true, I’ll ask my most excellent friends.

1 Like