Gone for 9/10 years. Found my old yoyos. Are they still any good?

Hey all,

Lockdown got me itching to dig out my old throws. I don’t remember much trick wise but found my old one drops and a one I can’t quite place. Yo-yo tech seems to have came a long way and I’m thinking about getting a onedrip deep state for casually getting back into things. But they all seem to be sold out. Same with the replay pro. Anyone recommend a good day to day throw that I can get in the UK?

Anyway thought you guys might get a kick out of these “oldies”. :slight_smile:

I’ll post close ups below as new members can’t post more than 1 pic at a time.

12 Likes

Yeah those are some great throws

7 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

I remember Graou strings! I’ve still got a few somewhere.

5 Likes

Brass domes and spikes are more collectable se’s as well.

3 Likes

That Project 2 looks dope

4 Likes

nice pieces @yophilyo, you could definitely get some duckets for those… at least retail anyway on the one drops, retails plus on the project 2

depending on what sort of ‘day to day’ style you are looking for, there are. wide range of possibilities, but you came to the right place for help… anything regarding your preferences that can help with some guidance?

5 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 the one thing I do remember about yoyos is the community is amazing! Haha thanks for your help. I guess I’d just be using almost like a fidget spinner but with the ability to get a bit more involved later down the line. So something simple and maybe tug response. The deep state seemed perfect but might be awkward with it being a thinner profile. Also I don’t seem to be able to find one for sale anywhere :persevere:

2 Likes

Looks to be version 1 of the YoYoFactory F.A.S.T. Velocity

3 Likes

very nice collection there. All are still quite capable today. Welcome back!

6 Likes

the deep state is cool… i’ve had a few… i was actually just toying with letting my last one go :thinking:

3 Likes

Ooo got any pictures of it?

2 Likes

Yoyo retailers are pretty thin on the ground in the UK, and don’t generally have a great selection. YYE is definitely your best bet selection wise, especially for higher end stuff.

How much are you looking to spend?

2 Likes

I’ll trade minty one drops for either the project or the 54.

1 Like

I’m convinced that if the 54 was released today it’d still be a hit!

4 Likes

i pm’d ya…

Yeah everywhere I look over here is sold out. It was always a bit rough getting stuff here never mind with all the covid craziness. Probably can go up to 100 but was thinking a plastic might be my best choice until I get back into the swing of things. My 54 seems to be in great condition but the project 2 has 2 small scratches so im terrified of using it incase I make it worse xD

2 Likes

@yophilyo Don’t be terrified to use it! Throw that thing! A single scratch or dent means it’s no longer mint, freeing you to play it to its full potential!

8 Likes