So yeah, General yo came through strong and brought back an OG Torrent run

I have a blue one in the way. Out of respect for YYE, and not knowing if they will be getting some to sell, I’m not gonna bring up how I ordered one and please don’t bring it up in the thread.

I gotta say, the Torrent is really an awesome throw from the one I used to have, it recaptures that feel if yoyoing back in the 2008 era. Unresponsive, and somehow, in a day and age when completely vibe free yoyos we’re out of the norm, it brought a smoothness to the table that was such a nice breath of fresh air.

Vibe doesn’t matter much when doing string tricks, it does when grinding. And the OG Torrent was polished, I think the new one has a blast on it, so yeah, I’m stoked to do some grinding.

It won’t play as performance piece, it’ll have that old school feel, but if your like me, it’ll do all your tricks with ease. Thank you @the_general looking forward to it

5 Likes

I have a torrent 2 from when he did the original re release over a decade ago. Very interesting yoyo.

3 Likes

That it is. I’d recommend to those wanting to know what yoyoing was like back then. It’s not gonna play like a 2022 design (because it was made in 2008), but it’s also not a novelty item.

4 Likes

YYE will be getting some. Andre’ and I go way back.
Limited numbers, only 33 of each colorway made.

12 Likes

Just need to post this again since it is so nice.

10 Likes

I have a blue one coming too. Can’t wait.

Are the response grooves deep enough for silicone?

2 Likes

How many of these were made? I have always been on the look out for one!

1 Like

6 or 8 when I remember correct. You can check on the ILYY website. I had two back then. One I played heavily which I gave to a friend, one is still in my collection. Is the only one I have ever see.
Maybe Frank has one also no clue… or the general?

2 Likes

yes, they are .034" deep.

3 Likes

last post was a Typo, the groove is .043" deep

1 Like

Was just in the mood to share my general yo office collection.

10 Likes

the general makes a good yo, i’ve loved everything i’ve ever had by him

2 Likes