Getting back into it, Dark Magic, Progessing well

I think I’m now in for $210 (yoyo’s, string, etc). I that’s not going to be much compared to a lot of people here, but it’s so much more than I ever would have dreamed I’d be spending.

I used to think $5 was a steep price.

1 Like

I just wanted to grab the Legacy because of it’s plastic edges really, something a tad safer to throw in some cases. I’m actually looking for a decent yoyo holster or carrier now, I hate how the DM feels in my pocket.

I modified the DM avitar to be green like my DM. if anyone has a problem with that let me know and I’ll remove it. just thought it looked cool.

The Legacy would be a fantastic choice. I love mine, maybe for the sentimental value (Signed by André when I won my first chat night) but I feel it plays better than my Dark Magic.

1 Like

Well I figured since I did so well last night practicing my throw, I took a stab at Split the Atom during lunch today. wow that sure is fun. I got it a couple times, a little sloppy but good enough to bring a smile to my face.

I was struggling at first on where to put my throw hand finger for the split mount, at first it kept binding the yoyo slowing it way down. I think I got it now. just need to polish it.

I really like how the DM gives you time while practicing to slowly get things into position.

I got a DM about 4 or 5 months ago (same color as yours) i love mine its awsome. Hope you have fun with yours.

Gratz on split the atom! Keep it up and before you know it you’ll be trying to get spirit bomb ;D.

It’s cool hearing about people becoming yoyo-ers.

1 Like

Gratz on split the atom! Keep it up and before you know it you’ll be trying to get spirit bomb ;D.

It’s cool hearing about people becoming yoyo-ers.
[/quote]
Thanks. It’s neat to be able to watch a vid a few times, then throw a few times and get close to what you want. it’s that rapid progession that is holding my interest.

Spirit Bomb ??? :-[ :stuck_out_tongue: :o that thing looks intense !

YoNewbicalistic !!!

wow ur learning fast! keep it up, and i have always been slow at getting a yoyo when i need it(i was on my throw monkey till after superman) then i got a dm, loved it. now i currently am borrowing my cousins legacy and it’s smoother then the dm, or the new breed IMO, but the dm’s spin times are just sooooooooo much better.

all in all, i don’t think u should get a legacy, but in the future a bully, or a dv888 might be looking at u.

Keep it up :wink:

this is an extremely inspiring thread

1 Like

I thought spirit bomb would be insane at first, but now i just need to land last hop on right string. My story seems close to yours (without the DM) so just keep pounding away and you’ll keep progressing fast.

i’m trying to learn spirt bomb right now but i just can’t get that first pop.nice to hear your getting into it ;D

First, I’ll stop hijacking your thread after this post.

I found that removing my left (non-dominant) hand when doing the first pop really helped me get it, after you get it down you can do it easily with your hand in.

sorry bout that didn’t think it though :frowning: thanks for advice though

Thanks everyone for all your support. I must say progession is going well, the ball bearing seems to have really come to life now. My sleeper throws are much straighter more often now.

Split the atom:. getting into the split bottom mount still feels strange to me. I cannot seem to get it in 1 fluid motion like Andre yet. after it’s in the mount the rest is easy enough. I can tell I need to work on keeping the strings straighter.

I can already tell that I really need to get the UFO or sidewinder down for string control. they are tough lol. the sidewinder always comes right back up and knocks my knuckles. lol

Fun stuff though. I learned Eifel tower last night and did that with the Proyo II. thats fun.

Dave

Hi. I know some people will disagree (or flame) with me, but i found just taking off the string and running your hand from the yoyo down the string is the best way to reajust string tension. Sidewinder looks good, but I don’t rely on it, because I found it nto as good.

i do it mostly like that. sidewinder and ufo are unreliable to me because it might just reajust itself too much

1 Like

My first trick was trapeze so I got the breakaway pretty quick. Lucky me! Lol, welcome to the Forum Dave! Good to have ya! You seem pretty sweet. ;D

1 Like

my first trick was trapeze too, just had yoyo pop into my hand a bunch lol.

I just got “Drop in the bucket” can land it 3 out of 5 trys so far. lol this is a trick that really makes you want to get it right, otherwise in ends in a knot . it’s really neat looking though, Wife liked it. I’ll have to show the kids tomorrow.

wait until you learn the wormhole its n awesome trick looks kool and is fairly easy to grasp as long as you have the split bottom mount down pat

wormhole looks coool, not quite there yet.

I just learned stop-n-go thats really cool. neat effect. also starting to get a feel for how often to change strings. fun fun fun