Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

This is why I wanted to go to a contest. Mostly just to touch a bunch of yo-yos I’ve never touched…

6 Likes

Yes, same here! Or at least a club. I remembered out of the blue that a friend i have that i havent spoken to in years used to throw. I hit him up and he said he was still throwing but as we talked more it turns out he was happy being an up and down guy. After taking a ding to the head one day he stopped learning tricks. I was SO close to being able to throw with someone in person :sleepy:

5 Likes

3 down and 2 right looks the best to me. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m debating participating with an outlier mini.

5 Likes

Idk if I can do this. Got yoyos to mod and then playtest

4 Likes

That’s quite understandable.

Now it’s a hard decision. I just got my raiders and modded them with JPL spacers. I was going to turn the axles down on the lathe tonight to get the spacing. So I need to hurry up and see if these are my one July set :joy:

7 Likes

I say it’s ok if it’s in a work capacity.
As long as you don’t have fun when testing them, no smiling!

5 Likes

I think I have my decision narrowed down. The Al Imperial is nice. The El Mijo is also nice since it is SO versatile. The El Mijo also has a wonderful song.

But, the No Jive just does it for me at this time. It is retro but still somewhat modern and has good spin time for a wooden throw. Besides, it has that wonderful “wooden” song.

The No Jive came out on top. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

one july just got a lot easier with the tiss banshee in hand

9 Likes

This was my thought but I honestly may take the month as a challenge and use something like the jackal

2 Likes

the jackal is such a good yoyo, 100% would make for a fun 1 yoyo month. when the jackal protos first arrived for me, I did the same basically lol

3 Likes

I like it a lot but it definitely humbles me :joy: its between that or a diorama rn

1 Like

I’m still back and forth in my head. It sounds fun, but do I really even wanna pretend to try? Pretty sure I’m too excited about too many throws :rofl:

3 Likes

the prize better be good

2 Likes

The prize is the skills we learned along the way…

3 Likes

If you expect more than nothing, it’ll probably be a little less than that :rofl:

5 Likes

When your close to under 300 throws and you have to pick 1 for a whole month? I barely throw a ssingle yoyo for more than a couple throws before I move on to another.

8 Likes

That’s what I do for fun (or maybe self regulation? lol)

I pace and I switch out yo-yos :rofl:

3 Likes

How about this. The prize will be a personal heart felt “good job” from me at the end. That might in some cases be less valuable than nothing

3 Likes