Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

With four or five days left to single out THE ONE, I have narrowed the field to three:

A No Jive, my newest, an aluminum Imperial because it is a tribute to one of my first nice throws in the 60s, and an El Mijo since it is non-responsive and I haven’t thrown it in a while.

I chose not to use a Loop 2020, an RBC or the second news brasser since I have been using them quite a bit anyway.

Any suggestions?

5 Likes

@Jerrod is out here showing us all up with ONE all the time.

5 Likes

You found a Loop Hole :hole:

2 Likes

Idk but I’m yearning for an AL Mijo, I have the Poly and L♥️VE it.

5 Likes

D4… don’t think we won’t know

8 Likes

I vote the No Jive personally, but I think they’re all great options.

2 Likes

I say nostalgia…

2 Likes

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

I wish I could narrow it down to 3… I do think my new No-Jive will be in the top 3.

I am also considering ones I dont throw frequently. However, they all get thrown over the course of the Month.

Who’s idea was this???

13 Likes

Can I come over to your house and touch all your stuff??

4 Likes

This is my conundrum as well. Or do I go with a modern responsive since that’s probably my least played style, of the styles I like to play? :man_shrugging:

Idk man

It’s a hard call to make

2 Likes

Come on up. I am about a hour and a half west of you. 3 hours with traffic.

If you have family, bring them.

2 Likes

I am leaning Modern Responsive. My favorite style. Bearing and stalls, what else could I ask for?

But then I am torn on focusing on fixie too.

I dont have the guts to commit to unresponsive for a month, though I should.

2 Likes

Aluminum butterfly w/ delrin caps
respawn lite

The respawn lite surprised me in that regard. I expected it to be very snappy and very responsive but it plays more like my fh1, but better. I can even do a couple whip tricks with it and still tug it back to my hand. Was not expecting that.

2 Likes

Does a yo-yo even last you a month?

I play my butterflies that are special very sparingly and play the stuffing out of my regular ones. I shred, maybe, like, a tenth (?) as hard as you and still go through a few butterflies a year.

I guess it doesn’t help that they often double as “doggies” for my kids :joy:

3 Likes

No-jive, all the way.

Of course, I’ve never tried the other two so my opinion is rather moot

4 Likes

You can do it man. Come to Missouri, we can trade. I’ll teach you 2 unresponsive tricks for every mma trick you teach me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I am torn between my Superstar 2024 or No Jive. I’m a little worried about losing skills in the other style over a month. That’s like a third of my yoyo life!

My other options are Freehand 2016 or Moonshine 2, both of which need some tinkering to play well.

2 Likes

Are we playing yoyo or Battleship?

2 Likes

lol with their spread it’s hard to tell…can’t it be both? :laughing:

1 Like

Most likely, but it depends. As I’m sure you know, they can crack or break if they hit a hard surface too hard. That chance increases when you let kids or other people play with them, which I do. I try to be aware of fraying so I don’t snap strings, but sometimes I do. Over time the starburst response will wear down, especially if you throw a lot of hard sleepers. I have one that is semi-responsive now because of that.

5 Likes