Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

It is oddly satisfying, giving ability to do more unresponsivish tricks while still responding with a tug.

Do consider wearing a helmet, because it has cracked me in the face from my poor judgement, but still so very fun

3 Likes
  1. What are you throwing?

TiDehunter

2. How come the TiDehunter?
    I love the profile, and If Iā€™m going to try unfamiliar tricks out, etc., Iā€™d like it to be with a yoyo that can take a beating. Iā€™ve heard legends of so-called EDCs so I figured this would be the best opportunity to see if itā€™s true.

3. What are you optimistic about?
    Well, shucks. Not having to maintain a fingerspin nail, I suppose.

13 Likes

Day 2 thrown a bit not much

11 Likes

My 2th day highlights :wink:

12 Likes

Solid selections! I could be pretty happy with just those three for a very long time.

1 Like

one of my favorite aspects of the respawn is its 1A and 0A capability by doing nothing more than brain lube in the bearing lol. easy to do some fun 1A while still shooting moons and stalling like a mad-man

4 Likes

First progress report
I made my wyyc wild card

6 Likes

I strained my throw arm shoulder and yesterday it was super sore. Too much yard work lol. I was just kind of doing some chill throws and learning the horizontal combos Iā€™m working on, vertically. Today itā€™s basically back to normal. Maybe a little stiff.

I am seeing skill improvement already! I can get like ALMOST halfway through ā€œSimple Geometryā€ before I miss a string or run out of spin due to sloppiness. Once itā€™s cooler outside later I can go out and throw harder but itā€™s just too hot out (high of 109 today :skull:) so I just scooted some furniture over for space in my room.

4 Likes

Learned two new tricks so far this month! The streak is still alive! I got a bunch of 5a tricks that Iā€™ve been trying to figure out as well so I think Iā€™m gonna be good for the next few days. Iā€™m keeping track of my progress on this thread if anyone wants to check it out:

6 Likes

i have too many yo-yos for this and theyā€™re all my children, gonna pass. good luck to the brave soldiers who do this!

10 Likes

Sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Too many to throw, too little time.

2 Likes

Day 2 for me. I actually started getting stalls under my belt yesterday and today I started forward pass. That is far from consistent, but I had to shorten my string and learning from pictures is harder, I think, than having an instructor with one. I am a happy camper (probably a really slow one, too, but that is something else.)

9 Likes

gotta say, thatā€™s one thing Iā€™ve loved about this hobby, pacing doesnā€™t matter. thereā€™s always new stuff to learn and even when it takes me a while to put a whole trick together, Iā€™m still feeling like Iā€™m making progress and learning elements along the way. itā€™s also so easy to pivot to something else if a certain trick starts to frustrate me and i can come back later or another time. makes me feel like fast or slow, Iā€™m always progressing

6 Likes

I may give in and grab another.

One of my favorite things is trying a new throw from my collection every day and Iā€™m losing it and its day 2 haha

6 Likes

You can do it! Donā€™t let the temptation overtake you.

4 Likes

Once you get more consistent, combine the two. Forward Pass to Trapeze Stall.

5 Likes

I am there with you. I wake up every morning to a beautiful wall of yoyos. I typically play the whole wall through the month. Rinse and Repeat.

But we can hold Strong! You can do it.

5 Likes

When you do things to keep it fun when using the same yoyo

5 Likes

This is silly. First off where is the loop holes I need some good old rules lawyering. Second Iā€™m on vacation. My wife double checked I only have 1 whole YoYo this week. Gah,

4 Likes