Afkor’s weekly 5a/1a trick log

Week 4

06-26-24- Only had about an hour to throw today. I think I’m officially out of easy tricks to learn. It’s gonna have to be only one trick a day from here on out if I wanna keep the streak alive. Today I learned:

Magic trick

06-27-24- Learned the basics of horizontal today. I kind of already knew this stuff but I never officially learned it until today, and now I can do it consistently and I know why and how it works. Today I learned:

Horizontal throw
Banana turnover
Horizontal trapeze
Horizontal Eli hops
Horizontal undermount
Horizontal bind

06-28-24- Tried learning a bunch of 5a moves today but I switched my pads out and now my Yoyo is too responsive, so I gotta break those in now. Anyways all I learned today was:

Reverse hook

06-29-24- I know I popped off today. I didn’t have any other choice, I needed to learn as many tricks as possible:

Vanish grind
Jade whip
Cross arm trapeze
Brent
Slackicide
Gentrified
Talon grind + bind

06-30-01- I’m actually so excited that I learned this trick, it feels so sick to do:

Horizontal skin the gerbil!

07-01-24- Stakes are a lot higher now. I didn’t care too much about my streak before but now I’m motivated to keep learning a new trick every day for the next month at least since it is One July on the yoyoexpert forums. Today I learned:

One handed grind bind

07-02-24- Came up with my own trick today where I catch the Yoyo as it’s coming up from a bind with my left hand and throw the counter weight around my left hand, then I karate chop the trick to send it back down and then bind it regularly. It’s a great trick to do after finishing a combo, and I’m calling it:

Bind interception and toss over

2 Likes