1a skill progression

So wondering if there are any 1a fundamentals I should be practicing. For 2a i’ve been doing inside and outside loops, and over the falls, 5a i’ve been doing breakaway to sidemount then 360’s and have been practicing bind fron sidemount. Can do elevator and rock the baby responsive. Should i just be learning all the mounts for 1a? Like undermount and such? Any help is appriciated.

3 Likes

Learn everything here and you’ll be golden on your fundamentals. :+1:

6 Likes

Cool thanks

Yo check out this thread also

3 Likes

This thread is one that helped me a ton when learning. Just grinding through them week by week got me where I am today

1 Like

Did you just start at the beginning of the thread and go from there?

1 Like

I recommend learning all the tricks and the mounts available in yoyoexpert learn section.

I think most of us learned from Andre

One of my earlier goals was just being able to complete the 1a sport ladder, and thats pretty good for every kind of trick

3 Likes

ngl thought this was gonna be a rickroll

1 Like

Yoyo expert helped me when I was starting out. Learn the tricks and start comboing them together to prove you can do them well.

@bendy finally coming to YYE welcome.

3 Likes

You should start with the most recent trick if you wanna keep up and then just check around the older weeks to see if there’s anything that looks like you’d want to learn. Here is also a playlist of control exercises that are super helpful to learn and work on.

1 Like

I think what I did was go through and pick “easier” ones and progress.

I think it’s been said here but this is a great resource and how I started a few years ago

Ok. I’ll start with the learn section, then work the trick ladder and the trick of the week thread.

Happy to help if you need any!!!

1 Like

Anyone know what yoyo he is using in this video? Seems like a wide respknsive yoyo. All my responsives are fairly slim. Think the widest is probably a freehand 1.

1 Like

That is a dark magic II ! ( I think). It’s Andres signature Yoyo and way before my time. The company that made them doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

Thank you