Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

I feel fortunate that I keep my yoyos sealed up in cases. Out of sight, out of mind.

5 Likes

Iā€™m fairly certain Iā€™m going to lose this event by rage smashing these 720ā€™s with a 20lb hammerā€¦ on accident. :joy: I think thatā€™s the 20th time I hit the same knuckle !!

11 Likes

psh you know what they say on the job siteā€¦put some duct tape on it and get back to work! :rofl::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I already gave up and took a Klondike outta the shelf. Made it less than 48 hours lol

8 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m a day late, my brother just had a baby and Iā€™m officially an uncle!

1. ā€œWhat are you throwing today?ā€

1. ā€œWhy did you pick this yoyo?ā€
    I picked my powdercoated Asora because itā€™s my favorite yoyo to play.
  2. ā€œWhat are you optimistic about this month?ā€
    Going to try and learn some new tricks.
  3. "If you dont complete the challenge; Why? Picture of the yoyo that caused you to fail?
21 Likes

congratulations!! :confetti_ball::100:

5 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

4 Likes

What exactly is so bad about it? Not going to buy one, just curious.

2 Likes

Oh my word! Powder coated Asora!?!? Dude! That is sooo sick! Perfection with those caps! Iā€™d literally fight someone for that and Iā€™m a huge wimp :joy:

Congrats on becoming an uncle!!!

3 Likes

Welp Im a day in and I already want to throw something else :rofl: the diorama pointing out all my flaws lol

4 Likes

Day 2: Already thinking I should have gone with a RBC. Constantly flip flopping between spending my time learning Skin the Gerbil and bolstering my fixie and looping trick repertoire (trick-ertoire, if you will).

Dante Alighieri many circles of Hell. Iā€™m living in every single one of them. SEND HELP

6 Likes

Day 2: Been so busy. The ONE riding along in my pocket. Have had little time to throw, let alone think of another yoyo.

But I did buy a yoyo today. I kindly asked the seller to hold it and ship it out at the end of the month.

8 Likes

Thanks, I couldnā€™t be more happy with it. Escolar FH1 was always a grail of mine, so I tried to make my own version with Asora.

Maybe one day Iā€™ll find an actual OG one to add to the collection and the YWET version too.

8 Likes

I honestly wouldnā€™t have even realized it wasnā€™t a feeehand if you hadnā€™t said something. It looks so good!

Escolar is definitely one of the coolest freehands for sure. I havenā€™t seen the ywet version I donā€™t think. Iā€™ll have to look that up.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that first thing yesterday I threw a few breakaways and my string promptly broke, sending my No Jive flying into a corner. No harm done, luckily.

Finished up Day 2 by finally getting some consistent zipper stall repeats.

6 Likes

I got to throw at mini golf till my daughter had me carrying her

Check the fresh @rkalajian throw yo string

Also Iā€™m feeling like 100% better 48 hrs of antibiotics will do that guess

13 Likes

My 100 pack of cotton type 10 string came in on July 1st, right on time!

6 Likes

What is your One yoyo?
I forgot amongst the deluge of day one posts.

1 Like

Itā€™s the zipline strings honey badger 2023 (HB23)

My wife got it for me for Christmas and belives to this day that she showed me zipline. I didnā€™t have the heart to tell her Iā€™ve chatted with Jeremy before and bought zipline and she still excitedly tells me about new drops and stuff.

So this one is special to me.

8 Likes

Youā€™re a good husband Cap :saluting_face:

6 Likes