Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

DONT POST THIS. I WANT TO THROW MINE NOW. Oh no!

4 Likes

I need the T-shirt for this challenge. Thanks for making it available.

I’m stuck in a car traveling yesterday and today. I haven’t figured out how to throw while sitting. Back to the No Jive on the 4th. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The hardest thing about ONE July is remembering to keep it on me. I’m used to carrying a Butterfly and having a small cache of throws downstairs in my house, and if I don’t remember to pick up the Dead ‘Orse then I’m throwless.

6 Likes

Super vibey. QA for Watieoboo isn’t the greatest.

2 Likes

Have you tried turning it off and on again… :rofl:

4 Likes

Same here, but at least I am getting extra exercise running up and down stairs.

2 Likes

Day 3: It’s finally ready!

OK. Got the Grey to set on my 2nd try. Don’t know what went wrong with the first. Bearing is squeaky clean, and left dry. New string was hand washed. I also filed a bit of a burr off the bearing seat.

Then…the test throw.

Fairly smooth! Still a tad bit of vibe, but very playable!

Video to come later today of a simple trick that I’m actually capable of doing :slight_smile:

(This new color string will be available in the Throw-Yo shop soon, just as an Elixir, not a Catalyst!)

9 Likes

To my eternal shame… it’s the lowly Magicyoyo V3 that took me down…:disappointed:
Let me explain…

10 Likes

We have a young man visiting whom I had previously given an MYY V3…
Well he forgot it this trip, so I grabbed my other one which had a crappy string on it. Changed out the string… muscle memory kicked in… and the next thing I knew, I realized I was removing this freshly tested out responsive MYY V3 from my finger to hand him to play. :sob:
It all felt so natural. I never even thought about it until after. Now I think it’s quite funny, but I’ve been bested. I will continue in my resolve not to slip up again. This was not intentional at all. I just realized I actually may not be able to do it…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

I feel like this is going to be most people. At least you’re honest about it. I’d expect nothing less from you though Steve. I wonder bout some of these other guys and gals though :face_with_monocle::joy:

2 Likes

So far I haven’t been naughty. Will probably go to a flat d bearing today to see how the respawn differs in play

3 Likes

I technically didn’t make it past day one. I forgot I had a 5050 in the mail that I wanted to use for July. I threw the Wyvern for about 4 throws before I remembered and said screw it 5050 is the “one.” So its been 5050 for the past 2 days. GL to everyone else that has throws on the way.

4 Likes

I feel like that factors into community support, so it doesn’t count. All you did was snap the throw to bind it for them. Right? Riiiiiiggghhttt?

agatha-wink

8 Likes

I agree, above all, we should support the extant yoyo community, as well as prop up future members. I mean, isn’t that the whole point of these projects? I think “No, I can’t show you any tricks or how to use that throw because I can only throw this one yoyo for a whole month.” would come off as pretty elitist imo

5 Likes

I almost got got yesterday. My daughter wanted to play with a yo-yo. She’s only 3, so I always wind it up for her. But I usually throw and loop it out to wind …… so I stopped and wound it up by hand. This might be tough lol.

10 Likes

See my immediately previous response

2 Likes

No seriously… that’s all it was. I was just getting it ready for him to play. Where I view it as a telling sign that this is an excellent exercise is… the thought saying “Hey!!! You’re not supposed to be doing this!!” Never happened. It wasn’t like I said “don’t do this” and then said… forget that garbage…:rofl:
I view it mostly as a wake up call. :grin::+1:

6 Likes

i failed​:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: i just picked my old responsive yoyo, it’s not even a good yoyo​:sob::sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

You are strong. You will persevere. You are invincible!

3 Likes

I almost failed last night!
I was landing some new tricks while watching The Beekeeper movie and I usually will switch throws as I learn new stuff.

I took the loop off the OG Om and went to grab another yoyo when I realized they weren’t where they’re usually at.
Thank god I moved them into the chonie drawer at the end of last month.
:joy:

5 Likes