General Yoyo Thoughts

Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Have you tried DiffEYo?? Gladiator is a bi metal just not like you think…

3 Likes

Which of the 2sick 100 dollar bimetals is best in you guys opinion?

1 Like

@Travelingyoyokid is selling a navigator for only $60 it is used tho

3 Likes

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve only tried the 2sick Crusade but it’s really nice. Feels “lighter” on the string than a Draupnir and similar to a CLYW Wildfire to me.

1 Like

Grandmaster

1 Like

Never really participated in 5a May. Honestly not super interested in the style, learned up to beesting but that’s about it. I think practicing 5a for a bit would be beneficial for my 3a though. Any 3a tricks that aren’t perfectly symmetrical have been super tough for me to learn, and I think that’s been one of the biggest limiting factors in progressing for me. I think maybe getting comfortable with a counterweight would help that. I definitely see some similarities with 5a and asymmetrical 3a.

Maybe I’ll give 5a a shot for a month. Also, I think if you are a decent 5a player, learning 3a may not be as difficult as you think it’d be, especially after you just get used to the basics of throwing with both your hands.

7 Likes

God Bless Bride.

2 Likes

I second that! Might go find another colorway to add to my Retic collection soon :grinning:.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed these similarities as well and am hoping to apply them as I start some 3a(albeit slowly)

It coincided with my general loss of interest in yoyoing.

Hey guys really quick, which one do you think looks better?

• A (no butterfly, instant rebound)
  • B (one repetition of butterfly, then rebound)

0 voters

2 Likes

So some flat lander tried to burn down Smartsville today. I got to be in the thick of it this afternoon and the fires out now but I got hit with retardant and check out how the splatter looks on my water bottle. I think this would make a great ano.

8 Likes

How do you know an individual started the fire? None of the news stories I read mentioned anything about that and I mean it’s wildfire season out here in Cali.

Or maybe I’m just missing something tongue in cheek which would not be the first time it’s happened.

Either way, that would make a great ano! Black w/ pink splatter looks nice.

1 Like

I was there at ground zero. That’s all I need to say. I live here.

1 Like

Was just trying to clear things up :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Been playing a bunch of yoyo during my week off at home, and have also been inspired to improve after watching a girl play with a flaming hula at my 4th party.

Anyways, over the past several weeks i have been playing with shorter strings and am finally able to appreciate it. Tricks are easier to perform, and you get quicker play easier. Too long string on an organic just feels like im stuck in the mud now.

Finally decided to go back to practicing the sky bind (it was outside of my skill level last time), but ive been nailing them pretty consistently lately. Landing a good one is just as satisfying as landing a kickflip on a fixie.

I think im finally ready to go back to mostly 1A for the first time since fixie February got me so wrapped up in fixies. Ive spent a lot of time exploring fixed axle, and have got good enough to land double kickflips and also string tricks of various kinds. Still cant land spirit bomb, but i cant on an unresponsive reliably either. But now im back in the 1A game and am reaping a lot of benefits of prolonged fixie play smoothness.

I think i am finally mastering the subtlties of kwyjibo. The second hop part in particular. Before the pop, you need to cross your hands over, but i realized what ive seen people doing: actually flowing from the hand reversal straight into the pop and catch, in fluid motion. This is without a doubt my favorite trick and i love trying to execute it fluidly and with my own style. Of course i always throw it in before i end other combos that im working on.

I also think that i need to learn some hooks. Any good link for that? Basics first, im not ready for beef hook yet i dont think. I have made web unassisted progression on whipping into green triangle, but no hooks yet.

Edit: sorry for the long post, but my thread, my thoughts, lol

10 Likes

Like your thoughts! They teach hook and 1.5 hook on our other favorite yoyo trick site. I am also a fan of shorter string! I feel like everything is more fluid. the only down sides are arm and body combos. Sometimes you just do not have enough string to do those tricks.

2 Likes