General Yoyo Thoughts

I’ve been using the same Blue Eyes Markmont for 2 weeks now and it’s still playing fantastic!

4 Likes

Yeah, Markmont is my preferred string by a huge margin, and they do last for a really really long time.

2 Likes

I’ve had a Markmont Rebby on my Top Deck for 3 weeks and it still plays like a dream!

2 Likes

Competitors need to use more genres of music. Metal, house, rock, or even disco or any number of other styles have fascinating possibilities, but all that gets used is bland EDM.

(Unless you’re Evan Nagao and you compose your own music, or that guy on One Drop that freestyled to his recorded trumpet performance)

7 Likes

If you watched pnwr this year you can see there is a trend going of people using classic rock.

2 Likes

Here’s a good one. Lots of tempo changes to keep the routine interesting!

I did a thing today…not that I would be able to afford getting my own yoyo design made as a 1-off but was farting around with Adobe Illustrator just a bit ago and found out I can “design yoyos” on it :slight_smile:

Messing around, did one heavily inspired by SPYY’s designs complete with that spike (that seems sharp enough to impale your finger).

7 Likes

A couple more…this is kind of fun :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I like throwing to old blues and country…and hip hop and death metal. But I do see how EDM stuff can be an easy choice as the structure of most EDM mixes is very build and drop build and drop build and drop…you get the idea. It’s why I’m very suprised I’ve never seen anyone with a yoyo flowing at a music festival. Granted I haven’t been to many…oh look at me, I’m ramblin again. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

What also doesn’t help is the ‘no foul language’ restriction. This is especially limiting in the rap/hip-hop genres, many songs of which could probably yield good routines. As for yoyoing to death metal, do you know anybody who has done this, and are there any online videos in which I can indulge myself? As much as I love death metal (hint, it’s my favorite music genre), I can’t for the life of me yoyo a good routine with it.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that half spec is actually about 2/3 the width. Not nit picking, just thought it was an interesting fact to share. :slight_smile:

Oh and also, Airetics!!! @PCaliyoyos I love these wooly nylon strings

1 Like

I feel like I need to learn more techy tricks to be able to flow better to death metal. I do like just wind milling the hair with a big ol pinwheel on a heavy part.

1 Like

I put flowable in every one of my throws over the pads wear down out of I don’t like how they play when I get them. With floatable, you have the control to get exactly what you want every time. :mask:

1 Like

I recently had an issue with another store which will not be named, which shipped a yoyo in a tall square box with zero padding of any kind, absolutely nothing to prevent the yoyo from being thrown around for hundreds of miles. Parts were missing as a likely result.

This just made me think about how nicely Yoyoexpert packages all of my orders, using lots of cushy paper to ensure the intactness of their products. Who knows how much trouble they’ve saved themselves by ensuring customers orders don’t get damaged in transit?
Just my little thought for the day.

2 Likes

I do it when I’m learning a new trick and can’t quite get the movements down. I also do a lot of visualization in bed at night while trying to sleep. I think the entire combination speeds up the process of learning becoming fluent in yoyo.

3 Likes

I also do that haha. Sometimes I “imagine” possible elements for the trick I’m working on too.

2 Likes

dying my Replay today, what design should i put? (something yoyo related, and no splash, the original color is too dark for it)

2 Likes

Weak sauce… They just slid and stretched out when I did a trick. In a failed attempt to find my little case that came with my Delrin Gamer (which had some spare pads), I stole some from some unused Duncan Mod Spacers…good as new again!

3 Likes

That’s not half bad!

But…

This is ALL good!

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Here you go! (Except I totally did not make the response pad area :smiley: )

1 Like