General Yoyo Thoughts

Those Duncan Butterflys are finicky. The strings they come with are not too great.

1 Like

Thanx for the input. Thought it was just me. I even soaked and cleaned the bearings :grinning:

2 Likes

Pleaseā€¦contact @MrYoyoThrower or email him at rain city skills.

1 Like

Sorry ChrisFrancz thought iā€™d already said. It ended up as the pads wanted changing. The bearing question was just an offshoot. Thanks for looking out :grinning:

On my Delrin gamer, I have it running with the slim/half-spec bearing, 1 thick pad and 1 thin. This makes it less snaggy but still a nice, snappy response for what I was looking for out of it.

1 Like

Same here.
The two thick pads just made it, well, impossble. Snappier than a fixed axle and then some :grinning:

2 Likes

When I got my first Replay the pads were so thick - stuck out so far that I hated it! I put in slim pads and added a drop of thin lube to the narrow C bearing and ended up loving it as a responsive. I did the same for my One yoyo too. The great thing about throwing is learning about all this stuff. If you put an @ before a name it notifies the person.

1 Like

itā€™s a duncan butterfly. im still gonna keep it, i think.

1 Like

Cotton string ainā€™t expensive. Fresh string livens things up!

1 Like

MagicYoyo Avocado? iā€™m considering getting a half spec and playing some responsive.

2 Likes

been using Nylon a lot, then i tried Poly again, and it felt rough as heck! what string do you prefer?

• Nylon
  • Poly
  • Nylon/Poly blend

0 voters

4 Likes

Kitty fat, (havenā€™t tried anything else) I donā€™t know what blend it is.

5 Likes

I love ZipLine Signature Plus strings. Play well and so are so soft. Plus, they come in some nice colors.

4 Likes

Poly all day!

3 Likes

iā€™m the only guy who uses Nylon?! :scream:

4 Likes

I use mainly polyā€¦but I love a good nylon.

4 Likes

YES! finally someone who agrees. :smiley:

4 Likes

Airetics!

5 Likes

Zipline smoothies are my jams.

4 Likes

More specifically Markmont strings, zipline kc24 for fancy string. Monkeyfinger vines and knot bad for bulk poly.

6 Likes