General Yoyo Thoughts

They only do it cause they love you bro!

…and your wallet!!

5 Likes

At least they’re only 55$.

4 Likes

That only interests me if the new colors include (solid) aqua.

3 Likes

Sometimes when I finally land a new trick I pick up an old school throw to see if I can really land it…find that 2019 throws don’t need the same finesse that a canvas or wooly marmot does when playing with them…sometimes I even throw a flat bearing into my throw to make life harder on myself cause I think it makes me a better player

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I discovered that the Astrea is operationally the same as a mid-walled organic despite being a W-shaped bi-metal. That’s because its catch zone is so narrow that it gets knocked off plane really easily. It forces me to be hyper-focused on plane management, which in theory will make me a better player.

3 Likes

Exactly if I don’t throw perfect I have to correct so I play organic for a while then go to a v shape and I am like an all star

4 Likes

43mm is narrow?

2 Likes

I’m far too lazy to get good.
That’s why I stick with V shape with concaves always.

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Of that 43mm, only 16mm of it is catch zone. The rest are the “wings”.

2 Likes

It is in 2019 lmao.

4 Likes

100%. Honestly even 44 is pushing it. Average seems to be about 45 right now.

1 Like

The Flash never seemed that narrow to me until I started using a 55mm wide Yoyo regularly.

3 Likes

Which yoyo you have that’s 55mm wide lol?

2 Likes

The 1to1 is pretty close at 53mm

3 Likes

Excited to have one of these mail bound now!!!

2 Likes

What color? :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s a proto I had made. 55mm x 55mm, ~62g. Might be the next Mk1 release? It makes me think every yoyo needs to be wider.

4 Likes

Do you really have to ask?!? It’s Green!
:fist_right::boom::fist_left:

4 Likes

Oh wait never mind it’s a Legendary Terrarian that’s inbound that is green. The 1 to 1 that is also en route is a purple splash.

2 Likes

Sick. It’s the one with the chunky rims right? It looks dope.

4 Likes