General Yoyo Thoughts

I personally opted for the Moldy Bread instead of the Rooster because it is monometal, but I have to admit that I almost got the Rooster as well. Looks like a great yoyo.

I also just purchased a green Diffraction 2. Was hard to get the green instead of the purple, but you don’t see many green yoyos that look quite this good.

3 Likes

Endgame is so much better than D2 and Magpie in every way.

4 Likes

All 3 of the Diffraction colorways are stunning!

2 Likes

I’m fully expecting this. I expect it to be better then every throw I own except for my Banshee tbh. It’s what I consider a pure performance throw…it’s all business.
It’s like my Banshee…that thing is just insane. It blows everything I’ve ever touched completely out of the water. It’s a freaking jet attached to my string!

lol it’s probably the only thing I don’t like about my Banshee. It’s too freaking good. It makes me love my other throws just a bit less :stuck_out_tongue:.
I’m looking to add another pure performer to my collection…and from all the research I’ve gathered, the EndGame is just the throw I’m looking for.

1 Like

I’d get a Sync before I’d get a Magpie, but unfortunately for you the Sync doesn’t come in green. And unfortunately for me, all the raw Syncs are gone.

1 Like

Yeah lol…my options are cut way back because of my obsession with green. It’s all good though, I really do enjoy having a focused collection. Green throws for whatever reason just make me happy inside lols.

4 Likes

I’m super jealous of how good Joey is at designing yoyos.

2 Likes

I wouldve recommended the death adder if it wasnt for this. Raftel and cool runnings are close, but i dont think theres enough green there for ya :joy:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to pick a Retic up here soon’ish just cause I have so much respect for you and would be proud to purchase from a company that sponsors you.
I actually loved that christmas colorway (lol) on the adder they sent you recently!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: thats laser lettuce. Its a speed demon, but fun. The atra lines up a lot more with my style as far as their monometals go (and theres a nice tealish green available under ocean view at the other store that carries reticyoyos). Death adder is very solid also and is my favorite bimetal

2 Likes

Protip for anyone struggling with trick creation:

Check out some tutorials for tricks you don’t know, especially those of high level players.

Even if you don’t learn the whole trick, get far enough into it that you find a new concept, movement, slack technique etc…

Then just apply that in different mounts/tricks/combos you already know. Also start thinking about the tricks you do already know as less of a trick and more as individual pieces that connect. And try and understand exactly what it is you’re doing and why as opposed to something you just do for that trick.

This will probably seem obvious to some of you but not everyone thinks in the same way.

12 Likes

I wanna hear how that Rooster plays when you get it. Looks so good.

2 Likes

Up until yesterday this throw wasn’t even on my radar. I have a HUGE wish list of (mainly green! lol) yos written down and this wasn’t even on it. Not sure why…it’s such a pretty shade of green!

But now it’s the yo I’m most hyped to receive on Thursday (just got my shipping notice and tracking number!!).
I wish there were more videos or written reviews on it that I could find…but I know it’s new and all. But yeah…I really think this is going to be a fun throw and am glad people here pressured me into it suggested it to me!

Also…it looks SO good! OMG!

5 Likes

Hahah :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I followed the thread yesterday, and then I was just “window shopping” YYE last night and I noticed the green Rooster was gone and I thought, I hope twitch77 snatched that up in time. So glad you got it, I think it looks amazing.

Every time I wait when there’s only 1 or 2 left, it’s always gone the very day I decide to buy it. Happens. Every. Time. That’s why I got that orange Küntosh QV when I did.

4 Likes

I used to be all about that D Bearing life my last time around. I owned a bunch of H Spins and some SPYYs. Definitely curious to hear how this one plays and I’d love to experience a d bearing in a more modern design at some point.

3 Likes

I… I think I actually like 100% polyester strings now…

Throwing on a fresh one feels like putting on new socks.

I still like my blend, but man… poly is nice.

9 Likes

The key word there is fresh. Fresh bulk poly is fantastic. 20 minutes of play poly is awful.

5 Likes

I asked the YYF Instagram q and a if there were more polished Wide Angle colorways coming.

They said yes and I don’t know whether I’m excited or sad for my wallet.

2 Likes

Why they gotta do this to me?

5 Likes