General Yoyo Thoughts

Why do the Ti Shutters all pop up when I have other stuff to get?

3 Likes

Trying to decide if I want to make a big splurge on a few yos or not atm.
Been a very long couple of months and Iā€™ve recently been pretty sick (had to visit the hospital) and in super bad painā€¦
But Iā€™ve taken some huge strides in making my future better for myself (more productive & meaningful)ā€¦I could really use a break!

After doing some calculating, I can afford it. Though lord knows I could be putting the money towards other things in life!! haha >.<ā€™

This is what Iā€™m looking at atm:
Screenshot_2019-10-14%20Information%20-%20YoYoExpert%20-%20Checkout(1)
Iā€™d be getting the green halves and caps for the 2020, 10 (normal) sochi strings to try out, and a duncan utility pouch as well.

Been awhile since Iā€™ve made a big splurge. Sure could use a pick me up in life at this time! :smiley:

9 Likes

Donā€™t fear the Rooster

2 Likes

:green_heart: You see, this is why I made a green yo-yo.

6 Likes

Yoyos are cool

3 Likes

I would leave out the EndGame. I know everyone who touched one said it was great, but the D2 and Magpie have lingering fans around the community and the EndGame just sort of fizzled after the initial hype.

Green/Silver Fade Foolā€™s Gold Kodiak is still available on the CLYW site, and even with the shipping would be less than the EndGame. I have had two FG Kodiaks and they are fantastic. Super regret destroying one and selling the other.

3 Likes

OR! The Inferno Yoyos SONAR is also available in a black w/ green splash. If you get that or the Kodiak and absolutely hate them, I will pledge to buy them from you forthright, lol.

2 Likes

Do you think the endgame was just all hype then?
I only have 1 yo that I would consider a ā€œpure performance/competitionā€ throw and thatā€™s my banshee. I have others that perform super wellā€¦donā€™t get me wrong, butā€¦
lol now that Iā€™m trying to explain it in wordsā€¦Iā€™m not able to!

At any rate I have lots of throws that are fun to throw aroundā€¦but just the 1 pure competition. Not even going to try and explain haha!
Iā€™d REALLY like to add anotherā€¦and it seems like the EndGame fits that perfectly. It helps that I LOVE the colors of it and Iā€™d really like to add another high performing green bi-metal to the collection.
Itā€™s just got so much going for it through my dreamy eyes lol.

Awesome that youā€™re giving me suggestions! I appreciate it!
Iā€™m still tossing things back and forth on pulling the trigger here or not lol.

2 Likes

Also, I have $50-$65 to play around with on this list if I take away the loop 2020/legend/string/pouchā€¦so maybe I should just pick up another green metal instead of those haha.
Iā€™m open to suggestions. Bonus if itā€™s for sale on yoyoexpertā€¦and itā€™s gotta be green. Iā€™m not a fan of splashes or acid washesā€¦though I donā€™t mind certain fades.

3 Likes

Donā€™t Fear the Rooster only 1 more left

20191014_100956

5 Likes

What are your thoughts on the Roost? I love the color and think the engraving is really cuteā€¦but the weird shape is throwing me off lol. I know thatā€™s ridiculous to base my thoughts on without actually feeling it in hand and playing with it first though.

Iā€™m kinda stuck on the Magpieā€¦been hoovering at the top of my wish list since I first saw it a couple of months ago. The shade of green is amazing in my eyes and I love the shape. Itā€™d be my first yoyofriends throw as well and itā€™s always nice to add something new to the collection.

Iā€™m pretty stuck on the EndGame too.

2 Likes

A Mid-Sized H/ W/ Organicish Bi-Metal with a small bearing. Should be a ripper, fast acceleration, nimble and long spinning. Looking forward to playing it, these just dropped and theyā€™re almost gone.

2 Likes

Im biased because I love the Edge so much, but that (semi)new green Edge is pretty sweet looking :slight_smile:

Edit: also, Iā€™d think youā€™d like the Edge considering youā€™re such a fan of the Terrarian. Seem really similar on shape to me.

2 Likes

For sure! Itā€™s one of the nicer looking greens Iā€™ve seen TBH. I know a lot of people donā€™t like gold weight rings, but I love them paired with green.
Itā€™s up there on my wish listā€¦but at the same time Iā€™ve got lots of YYF throws atm and am hoping to branch out and try new things for a bit. And I also feel like the green/gold edge will be available for a good long whileā€¦or pretty easy to track down through a BST. So thereā€™s no huge rush on it right now.

3 Likes

The Rooster does look great. Itā€™d be on my list if I thought thereā€™d be any left when I buy my next throw.

2 Likes

Good points. Agreed. Go with something else till youā€™re done branching out. Iā€™m doing the same ATM; on a serious One Drop kick, am loving their stuff so much.

2 Likes

Diffraction 2 is to one you want here! For realz

3 Likes

Yaā€™ll be a serious bad influence on me.
All getting me to overspend and what not.

Screenshot_2019-10-14%20Shipping%20-%20YoYoExpert%20-%20Checkout

My biggest purchase yet!

The Diffraction 2 is one of the most beautiful green fades Iā€™ve ever seen. I have NO idea why itā€™s taken me so long to pick one up.

Iā€™ve heard nothing but amazing things about the EndGame. And it checks so many marks for a throw Iā€™m looking for right now.

The Magpie has been at the very top of my list for awhile now.

And the Rooster wasnā€™t even really on my radar till just now haha. But #YOLO right? :smiley:

Fun times are headed my way!!

Thanks for the help guys!

7 Likes

Rooster looks like a bimetal cardboard steamboat, and that yoyo was fun for the couple throws I had with it at worlds.

5 Likes