General Yoyo Thoughts

Responsive play is fun though

4 Likes

True until it’s responsive out of nowhere and I find myself with a second black eye from a yoyo :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Lol. You trying to drill something into my mind? Yeah, I feel ya. :rofl::rofl:.

1 Like

I normally notice my bearing becoming responsive after the DNA. Always do safety throws

1 Like

You can just start saving those for me!

3 Likes

Ya brass is def my thing lol. I prefer my throws to feel a lil heavier so it’s perfect for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heavy is too jarring for me. It depends on the throw or weight distribution.

By “throw it away” I mean toss 'em in a baggy. I must have at least a dozen or two. If you really want them I’d be happy to oblige.

3 Likes

happy halloween everyone

12 Likes

Buying them becomes an addiction

2 Likes

Cynthia! You win best costume for sure

I am very, very thankful for this community and its members. About two weeks ago I started posting vids in the Show Us Where You’re Throwing topic. No fantastic tricks or whatever and I usually forget to include certain elements when I do my awkward combos but it has been very liberating to post videos here to just be seen throwing. I only planned to make my first video to send to someone very special to me so that she could see what I meant when I told her I play with yoyos (until I show her in person). I thought about it and decided to put the video on my youtube and that resulted in me making about 15 “shorts” in the last two weeks. I think I’ve watched each of my videos about 50 times to dissect what looks best, what I need to do more/less of, and what I need to remember to try to do. It’s obvious I’m not showing off anything groundbreaking, technical, or more than lower level intermediate skills, but for me, how far I’ve come seems almost unbelievable and I enjoy sharing my humble progress with all of you. Thanks for reading.

18 Likes

Yo I think it’s sick you’ve been posting tricks. As you have been finding out, there is a lot of benefit to seeing yourself on playback. Also, you should be proud of where you are! Yoyo is super hard and it’s awesome you’re enjoying the journey. Have fun!

6 Likes

Walking while yoyoing is just as difficult as walking and chewing gum.

4 Likes

Depends on the tricks you’re doing

For God sake, this is the only thing I hate about yoyo and is totally my fault, when the string is extremely old it become kind of hard to keep with neutral tension, I am having a great session from hours and it happened to throw a breakaway and knot the yoyo, unknot throw a breakaway again and knot the yoyo again, this 3 times in a row, I am about to scream :joy::joy: maybe it is time to change this string!

9 Likes

why buy more yoyos when you already have one?
-mom

7 Likes

We can add wife to that :grin:

8 Likes

Yes, I try to explain it to her but she does not seem to get it.

I asked her why she needed more than one pair of shoes. She did not find the humor in that either.

7 Likes

Deshielding one side of the bearing is enough prep for cleaning said bearing.

5 Likes