General Yoyo Thoughts

I do this sometimes due to string wear but more often knots. Mainly because I typically only get a small amount of time each night to throw, so I don’t want to eat too much of it up changing string or undoing a knot.

But sometimes I have some used string in good shape that was swapped out at some point, so I can quickly replace a knotted or worn string with that if I want to continue to use that specific yoyo.

3 Likes

Warning: about to write and ask the hugest off topic in a yoyo forum ever seen

Just asking to learn and share experience guys as I am new to all of this.
I do started to live with my girlfriend recently, what I did said from day 1 (also of our relationship) is that we both need our spaces to do our hobbies and similar and that I will not put what I like to do on a side for the relationship and she should do the same.
She knows I have a time where I want to play or do my stuff and is kind of sacred and she has the same with me (she is a textile artist), it happen a lot that we are in the same room and while she is doing her things I am throwing (she doesn’t mind the bearing sound) and there is a movie in the background, we do not even speak sometimes in that moment we are just doing our stuff but together and maybe just interrupt if I did some nice tricks to show her or if she finish something she can show me so in this way we also kind of share what we do together and frequently give opinions and critique.
Saturday is sacred to date, Sunday after we clean the house it depend of the weather we can go out or stay in together and then in the evening do our stuff again with this formula.

It seems to work, not sure in the long run but is a matter of experience it.

Is not possible to avoid to have the partner “annoyed” just by explaining or kind of setting up a “me” time? I do think all those things are important to keep your identity and yourself happy inside the couple

12 Likes

Does anyone else swap around Side Effects, bearings, and strings on like a daily basis or just me?

5 Likes

Sounds normal to me Alberto, my wife and are together a lot since she works from home and I retired early. 30 years now and I wouldn’t want it any different. Maybe once a week she will go browsing at the store looking for good deals for a few hours but otherwise it’s similar to you and and your lady. Just be flexible when it’s needed

2 Likes

Individuality is very important in a relationship.

You have to be good with yourself before you can be good with others.

I learned in a previous relationship that if you compromise yourself for the relationship, the relationship is actually compromised.

We all need our time to be ourselves. The issues arise when this is a priority over the “Us/We”.

I Yoyo and have many other interests that my wife could care less about. She has things she does that I dont care about.

As long as there is a balance, its all good.

Make the relationship important, but dont loose youself to make it happen.

In January, my wife and I will have been together 20 years.

15 Likes

The last triangle in the trick Superman is rough! Just needed to say that. Think I’m slowly making some progress.

7 Likes

My thought is that we are all sooo getting called into the principals office tomorrow

7 Likes

Nobody better snitch!

6 Likes

what a beautiful day on the forum, i love you all :saluting_face:

8 Likes

Hey we might be a little feisty today but it beats a dead forum

5 Likes

Miss all of the new stuff cause I was sleeping lol but I do agree with this, is so sad to see all the forums online dead with post old from ten years if not more, I do love this forum cause it is always “new” and sometimes on fire, a little bit of flame never hurt anyone lmao

5 Likes

Oh no! What drama did I miss?

1 Like

Didn’t care to watch most of it. But it’s a familiar pattern.

Something along the lines of:

1.) Yo-yo related thread gets some discussion (in this case “over/under rated yo-yos”)

2.) Some people start arguing about completely random stuff (in this case, skinny jeans?)

3.) Stones start being thrown and the topic devolves into insults, loud declarations of hills that various users are willing to die on, and memes.

4.) Mods shut the thread down

5.) People start yelling at mods

6.) A few discussions of staging a micro proletariat revolution, smashing the establishment, etc. and installing new mods pop up

7.) These are taken down

8.) The end

15 Likes

Sometimes I prefer to throw a regular Kitty String on a yoyo. Nylon and blends are great but sometimes a plain Kitty String just feels awesome on my favorite yoyos.

4 Likes

Congrats.

Our 20th is next month!

Also, my wife could care less about yo-yos too, but is supportive thankfully.

13 Likes

How funny, my wife and I are celebrating our 20th this month. '03 must have been a good year.

Also, congrats to you both!

7 Likes

Are you insane? Lol. The wrist Mount is the coolest mount ever! Cheese whip, nuclear test trick, wrist Mount Rewind GT, super man, spirit bomb, yazzies string trick, 7 shapes, …man you are missing out.

2 Likes

No. And I feel pretty good about that. Thanks!

1 Like

Haha. I was joking. I think I was referring to another person who didn’t know how to utilize the wrist Mount lol. Sorry about that.

also fwiw patrick’s post was over 4 years ago so his thoughts on wrist mount may have changed between then and now :slight_smile:

4 Likes