G5 Yoyo review!!! Finished!

Im going to try somthing different. I got my G5 about 45 minutes ago and Im going to do the first thoughts part now and in a few days I’ll come back and add the final thoughts.

Well I got home and camped out by the window waiting for the mail man… I saw him walk up and I bolted out the door. Then I saw something awefull… No YYE box. I almost sat down and cried. I thought. Oh well might as well get the mail.

IT CAME IN A BUBBLE ENVOLOPE!! Sneaky one Andre. You got me. Made me cry, I hope your happy…

I ran inside and opened it up. I like the YYF boxes. The YYJ ones are kind of plain and boring but these have like a hidden compartment and stuff. I open it up and there was like cotton string! Cheap. I have PF though so Im set. Cut me a brand new orange/yellow one and try it on.

I got the Aqua Blue G5 and it looks good with the orange string and clear Z-stacks. I switched the stacks to the normal ones because of the noise. It came with a set of black hubstacks and they dont go too great with the blue. Should have been white or maybe the clear green ones.

Some thoughts. The yoyo is pretty slim. The diameter isn’t much bigger than my Legacy but it is slimmer. I think it fits pretty nice in my hand though.

The stacks. First thing I did was… Well I gave it a throw to get the string nice and set and THEN I pull started it! Man, it feels so weird while you turn it. But so awesome! ______________________________________________________________________________________________

The play is like… Its so amazing… You have no Idea… Its like the yoyo does all the work… When I miss a trick I can almost hear the G5 say “If you would’a just stuck out your finger stupid! I could’a done the rest!”

It is narrow but I really like the shape… Like the giant rims are just so amazing.

For grinds this yoyo has like a two step process… Pop it up and let it spin out on your finger and then just turn your hand and the rims pick up and it flys down your arm… And the anno works with that grinding method as well! The Anno is so smooth and pretty…It almost feels like its not there while grinding. As for thumb grinds I have a little trouble… I go to pop it up and some times the hubstacks get in the way… But when I land it its so awesome… The G5 has this lip on the inner ring and it just grinds soo smooth…

Layers… This thing holds its layers well… I was worried with the thinness of it the K-pads would bind up… But its so smooth… And Skin the Gerbil is a test trick for me, because on so many yoyos the spinning and swinging in that trick will bind them up… Not this one!

And the K-pads… Im so torn… They will bind nice and tight, even on slower speeds but there slow to bind… Its hard to say but like on some binds like the Mickey bind that every one was talking about or any bind where you throw the yoyo up and it binds back, the K-pads wait untill theres a little slack in the string… So Im like “Crud the bind didn’t grab” and then as I go to try somthing else -SLAM!-… Ouchies…

But Im inlove the pads because they are so deads unresponsive but then on normal binds they bind so easy and tight… Its like the G5 knows when you want to bind and when you dont want to… As long as its not one of the in air binds that is…

Well my final thoughts are thus… Im in love. All the bad qualitys are masked by the abundance of amazing ones! This is the best yoyo I’ve ever loved… Er thrown… I reccomend it to any one!

Alright I was bored so I clocked a few of the hubstack spin times. (These are all with the yoyo stock and with the normal hubstacks.)

Hubstack pull start spin time W/ string attached
4:07:98

Hubstack pull start spin time W/O string attached
4:31:81

Hubstack flick spin

Now these are the times I got. Some one else may get longer or shorter spin times depending on pulls, strings, winding techniques, ect ect…

First inpressions seem very good so far.

1 period is enough to end a sentence. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it??? Eh its just a bad habit. I stop typing and while Im thinking of what to type next I tap the period button a few times.

I had to edit this post to try and rid of all the extra periods.

lol.

Sweet first impressions!

Bump because its done!

Awesome review dude! :smiley:

Wow! Good review, very detailed! Keep it up!

nice…loved it. although i don’t own a G5, now i would like to own one…hehehe…

btw…anyone got reviews for the 3 new YYJ yoyos, the atmospher, night moves 5, or the ENEM3? ???

Thanks… Its a great throw…

No but if you send me one I’d be more than happy to review it for you :slight_smile:

ha sorry that this is so like “out-of-date” but i just would like to say nice review. you make it sound like when you yo with the G5 it becomes apart of the human. anyways. nice review. i’m seriously considering getting one. if you could, i don’t mean to be a hastle but could you list all the things is comes with>?

I got the “Classic '09” G5… The new one in stores now is the 2010, but Im sure it comes withe the same stuff…

It came in the slim case, and had the Z-Stacks on. Inside the case was a string and normal hubstacks… (Just the stacks, not the bearings or o-rings… )

So
Yoyo
Main yoyo bearing
2 Small bears
2 O-rings
1 set of Z-stacks
1 set of normal hubstacks.
string

thanks man. would rice stacks be cool ? ::slight_smile:

mmmmmmm so yummy

Dude your review is so good that it’s better than the G5.

You have to buy them seperate but thats what I got on mine!

1 Like

alright so this is what i plan on getting:

• G5 YOYO
    long stacks, tops tips
    rice stacks

sound sexy or what?

1 Like
  1. don’t use the word ‘sexy’ to describe a yo-yo. or ‘sexay’. or ‘secksay’. or ‘pure sex’. or ‘smexy’. to do so makes you sound as if you have no real context for the word ‘sexy’.

-Ed Haponik.

But sounds good

wow. my bad :-[