Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Do you mean came unglued? I know Glen went through a lot of different glues in the beginning trying to find something that wouldn’t fail. He can answer, but pretty sure he ended up with epoxy as the choice. I think the larger axle also helps.

I seem to have had good luck with Maximum Bond Krazy Clue, and Gorilla Glue’s version of CA.

2 Likes

I love the shape of these!

3 Likes

I was using the absolute best wood glue I could source and tried all sorts of methods to get them to stay together. Most did, but many fell apart unfortunately.

I now only use epoxy and have not heard any complaints of them coming apart since.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a pretty early model Harbinger you have there. Those had a 1/4" walnut axle. The 1/4" axle paired with the largish diameter gave that model a pretty long spin time.

I later went with the 8mm diameter axles to increase the durability so that kids wouldn’t break them as easily, but also, it helped make response more reliable.

The new Harbinger I posted a little while ago with the 63mm diameter still has an 8mm axle and it has even more spin time than the earlier 1/4" axle Harbingers.

13 Likes

What’s that made of?

1 Like

It’s made of oregon. It’s usually used in construction. It’s quite difficult to work with on a fine detail level because it splinters so much.

3 Likes

I tried the epoxy but came loose pretty quick, gonna actually try some gorilla like you mentioned.

1 Like

Do you think the roughness helps or hurts performance?

2 Likes

It’s not really a helps or hurts thing it just “is.”

As the response changes through play the tricks that are ideal for that throw will change. Be one with the yo and and change with it.

8 Likes

I think plane management is the most important thing.

Ouch… :rofl:

:heart_eyes: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Simply mixing up the YeHars on a couple of eHs

18 Likes

Gonna be testing some cotton string I made.

18 Likes

Still towing this around.

19 Likes

Love this one.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Today feels like a Baldwin day. Thanks again for the trade @TheThrowingGnome

16 Likes

Your pics are always great @Sinister_Yoyos

4 Likes

You are quite welcome! Really digging my end of the trade too!

2 Likes

Happy Friday! Just rolling into the weekend with my best buds…

17 Likes

Using one of my favorites and a new oversized throw I finished the other day.

15 Likes