Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Haha! Any yoyo I make that can’t shoot the moon satisfactorily goes straight in the wood scrap bin!

6 Likes

Or sell it as a b-grade or c-grade

3 Likes

No, I consider it scrap bin fodder when it can’t do what it should.

I usually chop them up to make axles out of.

3 Likes

For the first Fixed Axle Friday of Fixed Axle February I’m taking it back to The Original and Worlds#1 Duncan Imperial. I have played dozens of theses over the years in many flavors, from neons, glow in the darks, jeweled, solids and translucents, but this particular one weighing in at 52 grams was a special gift form my wife when we got married. She knows I’m her YoYo man.
20190201_060048
20190201_060126

11 Likes

A nameless woodie from one of my friends today! I put some marbling on top to spice it up. I’m working on putting some cool stuff on one of my harbingers that I am very excited about too!!

12 Likes

Imgur

Back to the Oak Harbinger.

The Keychain Ripcord is a lot easier to Boomerang than the Micro Top, but a lot harder to do tricks with once you get it to your hand!

9 Likes

This thing has been in my pocket every day since I got it. It puts the smile in smileypants.20190201_124514

13 Likes

Is that a Beech Ballsy?

3 Likes

Close, beech Harbinger

3 Likes

I guess the angle of the pic made it look wider…

3 Likes

I reckon that could be a Woodchucks yoyo.

4 Likes

co-worker turned this for me last night - it was a piece of firewood. and yes - those are wormholes :slightly_smiling_face:

mgodzilla

rain…

12 Likes

Haha! Love it!

3 Likes

My friend Tony turned these in his garage!

2 Likes

Nice! Is it a good player?

3 Likes

It is! I like a nice slim throw to change things up, the only prob is the response slips, so I surrender to the Burt’s bees trick with it.

4 Likes

You don’t talk much about the 2018 Eh, but you have one, right?

2 Likes

Yes, I do. I actually prefer the Harbinger over the ehteen… :speak_no_evil:

The ehteen is an impressive yoyo, don’t get me wrong. I just never seem to reach for it

5 Likes

I’m going to give Fixed Axle February a shot = no spinning transaxles!

Except for the meetup, I’ll cheat on that day.

11 Likes

I have got to get my hands on a top! They look so fun!

2 Likes