Fixed Axle Friday Throws

happy Friday!

15 Likes

Caveman Go yoyos look great.

5 Likes

:purple_heart:

17 Likes

Back to the Goods, TMBR Maple 2019 Irving and fresh [kot-n].

15 Likes

Today’s throws. I’m working on my kick flips today.

14 Likes

Good luck on the kickflips!!! Stay persistent, and it helped me to really think about deliberate motion while flipping the loop( visualize then attack- slowly😁).
After that it’s time to rock put with your xxxx out!

6 Likes

The thing that’s been helping me is getting the string lengths right. If my loop is 4-6" of string and there’s about 6" between the yo-yo and my throw-hand I seem to have a lot of success. I’ve hit three in a row a few times so I’m pretty happy with my progress.

6 Likes

I find that the most important part of the kickflip is getting the trapeze mount or whatever mount you want to kickflip out of just right. It is much harder for me to land the flip if i have to adjust the loop size after the stall. I know that im going to land the kickflip the second i land into that perfect stall.

2 Likes

I’m picking some Knacks today. They’re looking nice and ripe.

18 Likes

:apple:…the forbidden yoyo…:snake:
:wink:

4 Likes

Since it’s Icarus appreciation month might as well play this @DocPop branded Legend Wing with some fresh Zipline [kot-n] for my Fixed Axle Friday modern responsive fix. I’m also finding an appreciation for one piece designed woods and their simplicity.

11 Likes

I’m throwing my Caveman Go with the ebony stripes!
Oh and a Tinman.
It’s a handmade day.

5 Likes

You can’t beat a TMBR Carlson CS

11 Likes

Happy New Year, Shabat Shalom and Happy Fixed Friday Yo-Yo’all

12 Likes

SpinWorthy on the job.

Service entrance to Jurassic Park.

17 Likes

Some fresh TMBRs this week; the 2020 Fremont and the Zipline Wood-Z both laced with some boutique [kot-n].

14 Likes

You and your brother in the photo, right? I don’t have the words…

2 Likes

Perhaps my favorite fixed brass axle.

12 Likes

IMG_3653
Final Fixie Friday in September. I’ve spent the month only throwing fixies (OK, I threw my new 888/66 a few times too) and my kick-flips are getting consistent. I’ve had so much fun keeping away from unresponsive throws for a month.

13 Likes

Honestly most of my throwing this week has been just doing planet hops over and over again, trying to get it as smooth as possible. Maybe the closest to the state of yo I’ve gotten throwing so far.

18 Likes