Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Got this Ed Davidson aka YoYoSpin modified upcyled one piece vintage Swedish Elfverson & Co initally commissioned for the Canadian Return Top toy company Parker Brothers. Ed is the man behind some of the more elaborate legendary jeweled TK Mandalas. This one plays amazingly smooth and just encourages creativity. The pictures really don’t do it justice.

14 Likes

Been trying to find this one forever.

23 Likes

Love this thing!!! May turn into fixed axle Saturday and Sunday as well.

14 Likes

I hope my ProFly counts :smiley:

I really need a wooden yo other than my overly heavy Yomega Panther :slightly_frowning_face:

11 Likes

Mate, the profly counts for sure!

3 Likes

I’ve been throwing my Polycarbonate Knick-KNack since I made it.

17 Likes

Wish duncan still made proflys. One of my first yoyos was a profly 22 years later and it still gets regular play.

5 Likes

Took my no jive to work today. Got to throw it between making various stud walls. Wood is good.

17 Likes

Hand crafted art…EH i didn’t make that one.

13 Likes

So nice I had to buy it twice. Love these things!!!

11 Likes

Hell yeah! Glad it’s getting some use again!

1 Like

Had to follow @Lukoyo lead today and play some vintage TK 3 and 1, trying it out with some fresh Zipline [kot-n] that are just breaking in. Speaking of vintage @yomartyo dropped a new YouTube vid on vintage yoyo play.

12 Likes

Found these stashed in a drawer. Probably hadn’t been thrown since the mid '90s. Neo has some rust spots on the axle but oh well. Put some new string on them and having a blast.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Took this to the park

16 Likes

2 posts in a row…yes. this doesn’t look like much but its my first successful shoot the moon lunar landing. Holy cow!

9 Likes

Just finished these up. Padauk with a single band of ebony and hand turned ebony axles. Weights are 51.8 to 54 grams.

20 Likes

those look amazing!

2 Likes

Ok last post today… NAILED IT!

9 Likes

Well done! I’m working on the same thing but, well, lets just say I have a bit of work to do yet haha

2 Likes