Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Yep forgot that… that’s what makes it slightly harder =)

The only tricks I can’t do with that top as surprising as it sounds it throwing it… :slight_smile: I have to work out a string that would work for tricks and regens :slight_smile:

For reference: 2.5 incher in derin ( IE S8 Giulia is rougly 90 grams ) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once a string breaks in a bit you usually wont have to much trouble with response. I do a few good stretches of the string before I put it on. Seems to help me out.

3 Likes

Yep, brand new string barely respond for me… YYE type 10 is absolutely awful off the gate… it get better after a good 10-15 min of play!!!

4 Likes

Do you use yoyo string on spin tops?

Nope, I make my top string!! Nothing really fits what I want anywhere!

Bought the neffy string twister!

Good!

4 posts were split to a new topic: New Duncan Butterfly!

This Friday a TMBR SpectraPly Fremont and 100% cotton YYE Type-10. This one has all the specs for modern play 57.5mm diameter a narrow 29mm width at 54 grams. The walls are high and the axle is a small 1/4in diameter with a take apart design using sleeves and hole drilled response. This model has been retired from TMBR and was a BST pick up from @AaronW last year here on the YYEF.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

13 Likes

Shot some moons on my trusty eh yesterday.

11 Likes

When up at Ski Purgatory on Fixed Axle Friday, I have to throw a No Jive Purgatory. This one is a Purgatory 1 Light version in Butterfly.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

8 Likes

Today’s throw :

Nice spectra ply Morrow and a

Chonkakegoma, which is a traditional japanese top. I have yet to post a freestyle with it tho :slight_smile: A lot of fun!!!

11 Likes

Eh-nown and a new film camera! Been a productive day off!

9 Likes

Finally remembered to take a fixie to work this week! It’s an OUT but both the seller and I do not know which one. Anyone know?

9 Likes

If you show the profile I can probably answer.

4 Likes

It’s a Cheap Thrills, I believe.

3 Likes

Noice. I assumed that but couldn’t find any other examples with the stamp. Thanks!

Spingear own wooden yoyo!!! Very nice throw for 10$

At 45gr. It’s a stall machine but not so much for 1a with… Good fun!!!

6 Likes

Collector or Hoarder? As the the yoyos I enjoy increase over the years. If you are a collector www.yoyomuseum.com The Museum of Yo-Yo History is a great resource. This Fixed Axle Friday I’m throwing a minty fresh BC / What’s Next one of the 100, in the 2005 White and Blue striped edition concave. These had a custom sized gap that @yoyodave42 commissioned that has a sweet response. A very buttery smooth player I have to say.

8 Likes

I’m throwing a Spinworthy Skinflint. The axle/response hole combination I have with this one is different with this one than my other models, and a real winner in my opinion. It throws and regens powerfully, and still has plenty of spin. It’s possible it could become my new standard.

10 Likes