Fixed Axle Friday Throws

that all depends on the carrier and sub carriers. usps is often just the last mile and in-between it may travel along another sub carrier like UPS or Fedex or some other logistics for the long-haul. This is especially true when its an item traveling between regions. international is worse because often there are multiple carriers from start to finish involved.

If one carrier forgets to update or scan something along the way your package can be moving but never actually update on the tracking portal which is a real pain in the rear. You could also be like me and have a new post man who has been really bad about delivering packages that don’t fit in the mailbox especially during inclement weather. makes me think he just doesn’t want to get out of his truck sometimes.

2 Likes

beautiful collection. that retro gamer looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for explaining and sharing your own experiences.

I would love a cedar RBC in my collection!

4 Likes

Its a looker and smells nice too. Super light at 37g, but i dig light fixies!

2 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

Made an Urchin yesterday to match an old, long lost neglected half.

30 Likes

Wow that’s beautiful.

4 Likes
1 Like

Them for pull starts my bud

2 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

Ahh yes fixed axle 5a the best of both worlds

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. My evaluation is similar to yours. I still think the Koalito plays nice but this thing is a real step up. It’s fantastic!! I had no idea.

2 Likes

Playing Japanese Imports today and it Friday, so I’m going with this Sho1 Leather YoYo Shop Fixie that is an awesome OA player, and laced with some YYE Type 10 Cotton, which is still unfortunately Out Of Stock a week before Fixed Axle Febuary @AndreBoulay @YoYoExpertEric

22 Likes

Playing the FTYxFallen44 fixie today. Happy Friday!

17 Likes

I would love to post in this thread more often, but it’s always the same :butterfly::purple_heart:

29 Likes

Butterflys will always be awesome!

When I was a kid during the 90s yoyo boom, I scoffed at Duncan imperials and butterflys. “They don’t even have a bearing” I’d say. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Now as an adult, I smile every time I see one, and I have just as much fun playing a Duncan BF than I do most other fixies. I also keep plenty of BFs in stock. They’re the best bang for your buck on the market.

11 Likes

the butterfly has always been under appreciated and under estimated until people really found the potential in string tricks (not alot of imperial shaped c bearing yoyo out there these days, thanks Duncan!) My great uncle told me that back in the 50s all the boys thought it was a girls’ yoyo ( the old training wheels aren’t manly syndrome)… so they all had imperials. things have changed. long live the butterfly.

6 Likes

Yo you should anyways. I absolutely love that image of a case of all purple butterflies. I will be throwing a butterfly today as well!

4 Likes