Fixed Axle Friday Throws

It’s like a digital snow day, ya? And the IT crew are like plow drivers. :joy:

5 Likes

I used to hate system outages now I cherish the little break. Amazing how perspective changes with a change in responsibilities.

Anyway my yoyo today

24 Likes

Oh very nice

2 Likes

18 Likes

That’s awesome

Might be pushing my luck on them figuring out who’s moving that little pita.

2 Likes

Throwing the Gates SE10 today. Needed quite a bit of chapstick to get the response good and consistent.

I gotta be honest, I find the whole concept of the elf on the shelf quite creepy.

17 Likes

Inane mostly, but yeah, I can see that as well.

2 Likes

Purgatory for this Fixed Axle Friday - Great to see Exmime’s post! Problem taking a picture with this many yo-yos is that it looks like some type of AI monstrosity. However, the fingers are mine and the throws are by Tom & BC

17 Likes

I’m planning to do a yoyo tree next week I’ll take a picture I do worry the kids will wonder but hey elf’s been doing silly stuff so far

2 Likes

Ended up doing it tonight. Kids should get a kick out of it.

20 Likes

That’s amazing! Where did you get that? It’s a combination of my daughter and father’s name AND it can go PAGODA!

1 Like

I bought it in a warehouse in an old store that had closed. The owner told me that they were yo-yos from the 70s that were left in the box without being sold. (I have 6 koalitos;)

The interesting thing is that it says they have a patent and are basically a No Jive 3 in 1, but with the logo changed!

23 Likes

Do you have a TK No Jive to compare witn? @chrismacg have you ever seen thess oddities?

6 Likes

Man…that is just too cool. I often wonder what sort of amazing finds are still out there in some dark corner of an old building or house. What a find!!!

6 Likes

I’m a day late, but I picked up these mystery fixies off the E-bizzle. They reminded me of old Brad Countryman/Hummingbird throws(which I love). The lightest one is 74 grams. The heaviest is 92!. They scream quality, and are dead smooth for wood fixies. Anyone have any ideas as to the exact origin of these?

Edit: These appear to be Wooden Monarchs without the inlay.

19 Likes

Wow! I’ll be keeping an eye out for one, it’s now on my grail list hahaha!

1 Like

But are they smoo ooth?

3 Likes

The wood is shore purdy.

2 Likes

Purdy and dangerous. I think I’ll have to register the ebony one as a weapon… lol

1 Like