Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I bought a bunch on Ali express for cheap so it was no thang for me. BUT another option is to use a small o-ring to lock up the bearing. If it pushes on the shield, it will keep the bearing from spinning.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I found a couple for a cheap enough price I wouldn’t be to sad seizing up. Thanks!

2 Likes

You butcher.

3 Likes

Its been a fun DeHcade for collecting @edhaponik. I’m glad that Ed can allow himself to play all of his great yoyos from over the years in a couple more days.

34 Likes

Wow! I’m speechless. Almost. Thank you immeasurably for the kindness and support. It is surreal to have received so much encouragement throughout every stage of this yo-yo’s eHvolution. :pray:t3:

17 Likes

That pun is definitely inteHnded.

2 Likes

Which one do you like the most? I think the 2014 is my favorite but I’m gutted that I never got to try the DeHcade model.

1 Like

The 2014 is definitely an Iconic one. This is how I put it on the Fixed Axle Discord yesterday;

“2014 and TK Play Simply I play the most still to this day. The eHTEEN Ash is the sportiest of the bunch and would be like a competition 0A throw. I learned Ninja Vanish on the 2013. The 2016 eHxotic Wenge is defiantly the most luxurious. The 2019 R-eH-nbow Spectra-Ply is just as mint as can be with only a couple of Gravity Pulls on the original string, still waiting to fully taste the rainbow. I play the Yin YeHng Spectra-Ply or the EHKNOWN (V1) when I want to play that series. Maple PockeHt is close to perfect and the DeHcade just sums them all up in one.”

5 Likes

I’m the same with the reHinbow version, one of my least played eH’s but one of the best looking. It took me a while to warm up to the ash eHteen but I think those rims do help with spin time.

Thanks for the breakdown of each, but now I want a DeHcade even more!

I’ll have to take a group shot of mine next year.

1 Like

The maple pockeht is probably the best yo-yo I’ve ever played, but I do also really love the oak. The oak is somethin special

2 Likes

I made a meme for this discussion.

11 Likes

They’re out there! I had a maple PockeHt, sold it because I was annoyed at the axle system, then bought a Spectraply PockeHt back a few months later when I realized my immense folly

6 Likes

Happy Friday! Cavemen Go from @vegabomb today. Truth be told I’ve been playing fixed axle and 2a almost exclusively so far this year.

22 Likes

Is the Butterfly one of the best ways to get into fixed axle play? I’ve been eyeing the purple one on Amazon…

I have to say, the RBC looks beautiful, but I don’t think I could bring myself to convert it at that price.

4 Likes

Hey @rkalajian! Thanks for your interest! Yes, I will say that the butterfly is a great entry point. It’s a great fixie and is really capable. It flips nicely and is easily catchable. The new ones like the purple are particularly nice. I recommend trying one! My only complaint is that I find them to be a bit harsh on the hand when catching. Even though the edges are rounded, they still seem to sting.
Also note that the purple butterfly is priced higher than usual, but it is a really nice colour and still accessible at that price. I have one.

• Another option is that @Eric_Newlin has been making some nice fixed axle yo-yos and he still has some for sale here on forums.
    Happy throwing!
5 Likes

I’ve got a couple of fun balls to play with today. I’ve got the rest of these but these two definitely play the best

14 Likes

The Butterfly and Legend Wing are great entries into fixed axle. 100% recommend. Get both for $13 to try plastic with a metal axle and wood.

6 Likes

In addition to the Butterfly and the Legend Wing which are both awesome, the Manta Ray is also a great starter. It’s around $10 and is a plastic body with metal weight ring, wood axle, and a take apart design.

I also highly recommend @Eric_Newlin’s throws if you’re willing to spend a bit more. I have one of his Butterflies and it recently replaced my Duncan Butterfly in my grab-and-go throw spot near my front door.

7 Likes

Good call on the Manta Ray. I just got one and it plays great for fixed axle stuff.

3 Likes

manta ray deserves all the love it can get. A true classic. plays great, and has been available since the 90’s.

3 Likes