Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I just recommended the Hildy Brothers all maple Currier as a great all around fixed axle because I have one and it is just a great classic simple wooden toy. If you do need some more flare in your life, they have them with inlays with other woods or used skateboards and even painted options. However, the all maple is just super clean and simple making it feel timeless. I treat mine as an every day type of EDC and it has a nice patina on the wings from the oils and dirt off of my hands, mixed with the dings from everyday life. I keep this one separate from the rest of the collection and off the shelf as it sits on my dresser, so it gets thrown everyday even if its just for a minute or two. It definitely has it’s own distinct feel, I want to call it soft to the catch as I have no other way to describe it. It may not be the longest spinner, or the most unique, or have a vintage sentimental place in my heart (maybe it will in several years), but when I think of a simple good classic wooden yoyo this one checks all of those boxes and is fun player.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

12 Likes