Fixed Axle February-WEEK 1

Also I love how Fixed Axle February has sort of snuck up into January. It’s like how it feels like stores put out their holiday sections earlier and earlier every year except I’m here for this one.

7 Likes

Any tips on the first trick? Do you want to throw the breakaway slow as possible? Also do you want to just put the string on like an unresponsive yoyo or tie the string in a knot on the axle?

3 Likes

You want to throw as softly as possible. Practice the breakaway until you can complete it with the softest throw possible. Then you perform a breakaway only you interrupt the string with your non throwhand index finger to hop the halfway wound yoyo over it and land it on the string. When it lands slightly bring your hands together so that the yoyo rests in the “pocket”

7 Likes

Thank you! What about the string?

2 Likes

Did you check out @edhaponik’s YYE tutorial?

5 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Single loop on the axle, though some prefer to maybe throw some wax on the string if it’s slipping too much.

1 Like

Depends on the material of the axle. If it’s wood, cotton string is recommended.

1 Like

You can put the string on like an unresponsive yoyo. Some people double wrap it.

Edit: Oops, just saw that Nate answered this.

2 Likes

Week 1. Went to dinner and gave it a shot. Was happy to get them all in on the second attempt.
Need to work on getting it all on one combo… goals for February!

23 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

Leather fixie by @Woozie

22 Likes

You want to just throw normal breakaways, then practice normal trapeze. What helped me at first was letting the string feed into itself on trapeze, kind of making a fake stall, just to get an idea of what the mount feels like.

1 Like
24 Likes

Got my WildWood in the mail(it’s amazing) but I’m using this old mold butterfly

24 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn-2uB4jYv9/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
Here’s my entry for week1. Be good and thanks for watching :call_me_hand:.

14 Likes

Using the new mold butterfly.

19 Likes
23 Likes

Got a little bit rusty. Fixed Axle February is a great and fun way to rectify that.

24 Likes

(post deleted by author)