Fixed axle February, a reminder

I had feeling you’d post in here. :wink:

Well this thread is right up his alley.

Wait why do we need to know this? now it’s not even February yet

As the title says, it’s just a friendly reminder.

I need to order cotton. Im down to my last strings. Never thought Id need cotton til now with my Lovejoy(which I love). I finally am beginning to understand stalls

I’ve been practicing. I made a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOUUZmxUns4&feature=plcp

Playing with a fixed axle yoyo is a lot of fun. I think I may have to order a wood yoyo soon.

^ looking good so far, keep it up!

I’m really looking forward to the new concepts, discussions, videos and maybe even battles that’ll take place in February - only 3 months (or so) left to practise.

This is going to be epic.

Hey I have a butterfly but I was wondering what some good fixed axle throws are. Preferably not the looper/imperial shape but if that’s all you gots.

this sounds interesting. is there a place to learn fixed axle tricks. there seems to be tuts for almost every style, but i can’t find any tuts for fixed axle. i know ed does his thing on 365 with steve, but those are not really tuts.

any help would spur this on.

old dog

I have never seen any fixed axle tutorials myself, but it’s not hard to learn. Most of my fixed axle stuff I taught myself.

So what is the significance of playing with a fixed axel and doing string tricks?
I enjoy throwing something that is tug-responsive once in a great while, but if your gonna do string tricks, why not pick up a nicer throw?
Maybe the vintage part of things? The difficulty of completing said tricks?
My knuckles bleed if I try any string tricks with a fixed axel.

Apparently you have never seen Ed Haponik really throw down some fixed axle tricks. It is a totally diffrenty style of yoyoing and has an endless amount of tricks to create. There are tricks that you can do on fixed axle that you can’t on non-responsive yoyos and vice versa of course.

Also, saying that why don’t you pick up a nicer throw implies that wood is inferior to metal and that is far from the truth. There are “nicer” metals and “nicer” woods compared to the cheaper or just not as good alternatives. There are better yoyos for each style.

It can make your tricks more accurate as well to practice on a wood or just fixed axle or just a tug responsive yoyo.

Watch some of Ed’s videos and just try something just for giggles. You may like it.

1 Like

This is fun :slight_smile:

Wasn’t it “no bearing november” last year?

1 Like

Ok you guys have convinced me. Got a tmbr in mind!

Where can I buy TMBR? I have seen them before on the internet and they seem perfect for the occasion.

pm me

Does it still count as fixed axle if it has a wooden sleeve?

I don’t have cash for international shipping, so I’m just rocking imperial shaped 20 year old Russell yoyos.

Why fixed? I don’t know. There just seems to be something organic, something pure about it, and it’s just so much fun.

I guess, on some level, people will always be coming out with new ways to bend a string on a modern yoyo - there’s something really pure about knocking out a hook, stall or throwhand grind on a fixie.