First Yoyo?

Just a simple question. What was your first yoyo? My first was a 2 dollar generic brand back in 1996-8. It was built very badly and after throwing a really strong sleeper, the insides were shattered within a year. XD (I didn’t do anything bad to it) Now, after I started picking yoyoing back up, my first yoyo is the Sonic Dragon by Audley. It is not really a good yoyo for tricks but its decent if you don’t get annoyed with it at first.

Mark

The First time I ever tried to use a yoyo was a champion yoyo. No brand, just called “The Champion” After I learned to use it, I bought a spintastics tigershark G4.

Interesting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Duncan Butterfly. Its my fav :wink:

I don’t remember…It was when I was really little. I think my brother said he bought it at school.

mine was a superyo sonic spin. got it at the mall i guess about 10 years ago at least. i thought it was awesome b/c it was one of the first yoyos i had ever held that would sleep for a long time. learned to do rock the baby and dizzy baby with it then lost it after a while.

Other than a bunch of dollar store yo-yos, a YYJ Kickside.

mine was like when I was 4 because ya knowlittle kids want everything they see but like in my actual yoyo
career it was the F.A.S.T 201

I still have my first yo-yo. It is a glow in the dark Duncan Imperial from the early 80’s. Yes, my first yo-yo is older than most of the users on this board. ;D

a guy came to our school selling yoyos so i got a super yo cosmic spin it was awesome

for a day

Just a thought…

Can we get this thread merged with

as they’re the same subject by the same author. Might as well lump 'em together?

Now, if you were a mod, you could do it yourself! hint hint

Actually I think they are two different questions - which yo-yo to buy and what was “your” first yo-yo.

My first yo-yo was a Yomega Brain - but I wouldn’t recommend that to start on.  :wink:

The old school wooden Humming Bird, I used it for about a year and broke the axel(the old wood ones dont last long). But that was long ago and far away…sigh :’(

Duncan Butterfly! Could never do anything more than Rock the Baby with it. Never thought all these years later I would be doing tricks like Spirit Bomb and Revolutions on a ball bearing yoyo!

Probably some generic knockoff of a yoyo from a convenience store or giveaway at a festival. First purchased was probably the Yomega Fireball, which I loved dearly at the time, just doesn’t cut it anymore…but I do still have all of my originals

Ok, good point!

And I’m not sure I want to mention my first yoyo, as I still have one and throw it. It’s a little embarassing. ;D

True, but I would have made the wrong call it seems. Andre pointed out that he’s technically asking two different questions. I didn’t think so, until he mentioned it. I would have just merged 'em together to save space and not thought about it…

And then Andre would have been like, “Dude, two different questions…”

And I’d have been, “Oh, snap.”

And then, being a mod, I would have had to ban myself for a week.

Also, please try not to double post unless it’s truly necessary.

Didn’t think what I did was considered a double post. ???

But it’s fixed in any case.

Edit: Just for the record, I’m not a moderator here. I’m just a guy who digs yoyoing and thinks this place, and it’s people, are pretty awesome.

When people ask the same question twice, merging the threads makes good sense. I’m not trying to call anyone out for breaching forum etiquette, I’m trying to help them. If there’s only one post, the odds of them getting help and/or having a fun discussion are far more likely when everyone is posting in that one thread. If I report something, I’m not trying to be a jerk, I just understand that Andre is one guy and can’t always catch everything.

But, as Andre pointed out, there were two different things actually going on in those threads. He made the call to not merge them, so no biggie. ;D

tell us! was it a barney yoyo? a Teletubby yoyo? okay jk, nvm XD (No offense robot :)) my first yoyo was a proyo back in 1998 when i was 2 or something.i don’t know why, but it couldn’t sleep. I wanted it bcause i saw yohan on tv, so i wanted to try it (at 2 years old. Ambitious!).