First time making string

So I made a couple yoyo strings for the first time today and it was a lot easier than I expected. I used 100% polyester but when I throw my yoyo down it seems kind of sticky if that’s the way to describe it. It get up to speed And plays fine but it seems like it takes longer to get to the bottom of the string almost like how a heavier yoyo would feel. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

1 Like

Your string might be too thick. How many passes did you do? It could also be caused by the brand of your thread, because different brands have different thicknesses.

1 Like

I did 8 passes first but it was a bit too thin and didn’t bind well, then I did 12 passes and it was about the thickness of yysl ammo which I like.

Sorry I don’t understand. Let me rephrase. Point a is 0 passes he first time then you go around b and then a and it becomes 1 pass. 12 passes seems like a lot. Maybe you meant 6?

Ohhh ok I was counting at each point lol. Oops

1 Like

In that case I don’t know, did your string come in contact with any form of liquid? Do you know if you were using spun polyester or core?

1 Like

I’m not sure what string type it was and it wasn’t in contact with any liquid. So I’m guessing it’s either the type of thread or maybe I just need to experiment with making it some more.

1 Like

Late to the dance, but have you looked here:

2 Likes

The “string school” section on Airetic’s page is pretty useful too.

2 Likes

I moved this to “custom string makers” category. Just lookin out😉. Lots of useful resources here.

2 Likes