How to make yoyo string

I would like to know how to make yoyo string? ;D

There are people here who professionally make string, I’m sure one of them will post. There are plenty of them.

I would like to know what kind of thread People are using and ware i can get some? I would also like to know stuff like how long the string should be and how tight it should be? :-\

Have you checked here: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,17792.0.html

Otherwise, google is your friend.

To answer some of your questions -

Q. How long should my string rig be?
A. Generally, the formula is (2*Desired string length) + 12 = final string length, in inches. The extra twelve inches gives you room for twisting the string.

Q. What material should I use?
A. There’s tons of different kinds of threads out there, all with different feels and play. Honestly, just pick some thread up at your local sewing store and start experimenting. Generally however, if you’re just starting to make strings, you should aim for around 30 weight (tex) thread Other weight threads work just fine but I find that 30 weight gives a lot of leeway for different thicknesses. Polyester thread is easier to work with than nylon or any kind of embroidery thread.

Q. How tight should the string be wound?
A. It depends on what you’re going for. Tighter strings tend to be stiffer and move more quickly through the air. Looser strings tend to be softer. However, every thread responds different to different tensions. It’s all about experimenting

Q. Whats the moral of this post?
A. String making is easy, but to master it is difficult. There are tons of different factors that have to be taken into account. When making string, the best things to do are BEING AS CONSISTENT AS POSSIBLE (Make every string EXACTLY the same. Always twist them the same. Get a ruler out if you have to to measure how much you’ve twisted). Secondly, EXPERIMENT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. 50% of string making is knowledge - the other 50% is experimentation.

Ok thank you so now how can I make the string?

There are lots of tutorials and ways out there available with Google, but quickly:

Screw a hook in a fence at about 5.5 to 6 feet off of the ground.

Stick a map pin (a nail, or another hook) in the fence at the same height about 11 feet away.

Tie your polyester sewing thread around the hook, then take the thread spool down around the head of the map pin and back to the hook. That’s lap #1. Go around the hook and take another lap. Now you will need to do about 6 or maybe 7 laps total for standard sewing thread (depending upon the thickness). Tie off the thread end to the hook. If you did 6 laps, you should have 12 strands between hook and map pin.

Place a hook (or bent coat hanger wire) in a drill chuck. Use a paperclip (opened slightly) to hook and take the thread off of the map pin. Hook the paperclip on the drill hook.

Now from here on out, it will be necessary to keep tension on the thread to keep it from kinking in the wrong place. Turn the drill on (forward direction) and stop when about a foot has been taken up by the twisting (plus or minus by experimentation). While keeping the tension on the thread, take the paperclip off of the drill. Hook the drill directly on the twisted thread and gently lower it to the ground while taking the paperclip over to and hooking it on the fence hook.

Now you can lift the drill (still keeping tension on the twisted threads) and reverse the drill direction, turn it on and stop when the twisted thread looks like string. Slip the string off of the drill hook, cut the string from the fence hook and tie the end.

Repeat to make more string.